Cloud Infrastructure Architect
Do you want to be at the forefront of Deloitte’s emerging cloud practice? We’re looking for exceptional problem-solvers to help address our clients’ most compelling Cloud needs. You will work along-side top engineers and technical thought leaders building Cloud solutions helping shape the future of global enterprises. You will be at the heart of the technical solutioning and leading edge product development.
Work you’ll do
Lead/support technical teams to architect, build, and deploy cloud solutions across public, private and hybrid cloud environments to support enterprise clients. Cloud Infrastructure Architects are responsible for designing, maintaining and troubleshooting the client’s infrastructure, cloud services, network, and infrastructure security. Architects will work closely with other cloud teams, project managers, engineers, and other functions.
- Oversee cloud infrastructure design and develop detailed architecture models for the client to host test, development, and production environments
- Plan for system and application migration(s) to the cloud, adhering to the client’s technical and business requirements
- Develop and document technical designs for integration and implementation of new cloud applications and systems
- Optimize cost of cloud solutions by identifying waste and automating cloud cost management
- Lead the development of technical artifacts including Requirements Traceability Matrix (RTM), Detailed Technical Design, Security Architecture Plan, Services Description Document, etc.
- Plan and develop support processes that adhere to best practices (ITIL)
- Communicate effectively through strong written and oral communication skills for technical and non-technical audiences
- Integrate with non-cloud technologies and third-party vendor products/services
- Assess emerging technologies, stay abreast of industry trends, and give advice on investments prices versus performance
- Experience with highly-available and fault-tolerant enterprise and web-scale software deployments
- Certifications (Desired): Google – Professional Cloud Architect; AWS – Solutions Architect – Professional; Azure – MCSE: Cloud Platform and Infrastructure (Infrastructure Focus); VMware – VCAP/VCDX Data Center Virtualization
Deloitte’s Government and Public Services (GPS) practice - our people, ideas, technology, and outcomes—is designed for impact. Serving federal, state, & local government clients as well as public higher education institutions, our team of over 15,000+ professionals brings fresh perspective to help clients anticipate disruption, reimagine the possible, and fulfill their mission promise.
Our Cloud Engineering team focuses on enabling our client’s end-to-end journey from On-Premise to Cloud, with opportunities in the areas of: Cloud Strategy, Op Model Transformation, Cloud Development, Cloud Integration & APIs, Cloud Migration, Cloud Infrastructure & Engineering, and Cloud Managed Services. We help our clients see the transformational capabilities of Cloud as an opportunity for business enablement and competitive advantage.
Cloud Engineering supports our clients as they improve agility and resilience, and identifies opportunities to reduce IT operations spend through automation by enabling Cloud. We accelerate our clients towards a technology-driven future, leveraging vendor solutions and Deloitte-developed software products, tools, and accelerators.
- Bachelor's degree
- Ability to obtain Secret clearance
- 7+ years software or infrastructure architecture experience
- 2+ years experience with micro-services architecture
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need
for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future
- Ability to travel 0-25%, on average, based on the work you do and the clients and industries/sectors you support.
- Knowledge of EA principles and methodologies
- Experience with Servers, Infrastructure, Platform Sizing, Infrastructure Cost Reduction
- Possess any additional certifications (one or more) for the design/development of distributed solutions on a leading infrastructure platform such as:
- IBM Certified Solution Architect – Cloud Computing Infrastructure v3
- Google Cloud Platform Qualified Developer
- Microsoft Azure Solutions Architect
- VMWare Certifications (Data Center Virtualization, Cloud Management and Automation, Network Virtualization)
- Red Hat Certified Architect
- Possess a certification for the architecture and implementation of solutions on a leading distributed software platform (e.g., Salesforce Technical Architect Certification)
From developing a stand out resume to putting your best foot forward in the interview, we want you to feel prepared and confident as you explore opportunities at Deloitte. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte recruiters. Benefits
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you. Our people and culture
Our diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture empowers our people to be who they are, contribute their unique perspectives, and make a difference individually and collectively. It enables us to leverage different ideas and perspectives, and bring more creativity and innovation to help solve our client most complex challenges. This makes Deloitte one of the most rewarding places to work. Learn more about our inclusive culture.
From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to build new skills, take on leadership opportunities and connect and grow through mentorship. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
Something looks off?