Cloud Native Engineer
Do you want to be at the forefront of Deloitte’s emerging cloud practice? We’re looking for exceptional problem-solvers to help address our clients’ most compelling Cloud needs. You will work along-side top engineers and technical thought leaders building Cloud solutions helping shape the future of global enterprises. You will be at the heart of the technical solutioning and leading-edge product development.
Work you’ll do
Lead/support implementation of cloud-native platforms and Agile application development technologies in areas of software development, integration and test of software applications and infrastructure. The Cloud Native Engineer will be primarily responsible for utilizing technical skills to coordinate enhancements and deployment efforts and to provide insight and recommendations for implementing client solutions. Engineers will work closely with other cloud teams, project managers, engineers and other functions.
- Working closely with developer teams to create an automated CI/CD pipeline
- Implementing build, deployment and monitoring standards for the client
- Delivering end-to-end automation of deployment, monitoring and infrastructure management in a cloud environment
- Creating scripts and/or templates to automate and/or bootstrap infrastructure provisioning and management tasks
- Building and configuring delivery environments supporting CI/CD tools using an Agile delivery methodology
- Providing knowledge of container management tools (e.g. Docker, OpenShift), container orchestration (e.g. Kubernetes), infrastructure-as-code (e.g. Ansible, CloudFormation), and have familiarity with modern build experience tools (e.g. Maven) and cloud integration systems (e.g. Jenkins)
- Understand static code analysis, unit testing and test-driven development, security testing and automated test frameworks
- Understand object-oriented programming (i.e. emphasis in Java) and have familiarity with source control systems (emphasis on Git)
Deloitte’s Government and Public Services (GPS) practice - our people, ideas, technology, and outcomes—is designed for impact. Serving federal, state, & local government clients as well as public higher education institutions, our team of over 15,000+ professionals brings fresh perspective to help clients anticipate disruption, reimagine the possible, and fulfill their mission promise.
Our Cloud Engineering team focuses on enabling our client’s end-to-end journey from On-Premise to Cloud, with opportunities in the areas of: Cloud Strategy, Op Model Transformation, Cloud Development, Cloud Integration & APIs, Cloud Migration, Cloud Infrastructure & Engineering, and Cloud Managed Services. We help our clients see the transformational capabilities of Cloud as an opportunity for business enablement and competitive advantage.
Cloud Engineering supports our clients as they improve agility and resilience, and identifies opportunities to reduce IT operations spend through automation by enabling Cloud. We accelerate our clients towards a technology-driven future, leveraging vendor solutions and Deloitte-developed software products, tools, and accelerators.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Must be able to obtain and maintain required clearance for this role
- 2+ years of experience using CI/CD tools for automation
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need
for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future
- Ability to travel 0-25%, on average, based on the work you do and the clients and industries/sectors you support.
- 2+ years of software development or testing experience within an Agile environment
- 2+ years of knowledge and experience with container management tools (Docker, Openshift), Container orchestration (Kubernetes), Infrastructure-as-code IaaS (Ansible, CloudFormation).
- 2+ years with modern build experience tools (Maven) and cloud integration systems (Jenkins)
- 3+ years of experience with object-oriented programming (Java) and familiarity with source control system (Git)
- 2+ years of experience with static code analysis, unit testing and test-driven development, security testing and automated test frameworks.
- Certifications one or more: Google – Professional Data Engineer; AWS – Developer – Associate; Azure – MCSA: Cloud Platform (Development Focus)
From developing a stand out resume to putting your best foot forward in the interview, we want you to feel prepared and confident as you explore opportunities at Deloitte. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte recruiters. Benefits
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you. Our people and culture
Our diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture empowers our people to be who they are, contribute their unique perspectives, and make a difference individually and collectively. It enables us to leverage different ideas and perspectives, and bring more creativity and innovation to help solve our client most complex challenges. This makes Deloitte one of the most rewarding places to work. Learn more about our inclusive culture.
From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to build new skills, take on leadership opportunities and connect and grow through mentorship. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
Something looks off?