Software Development Lead
Are you looking to make an immediate impact where you can help our clients solve their business challenges? Deloitte's Core Business Operations (CBO) portfolio operates at the center of our client's business. By joining our team, you could help C-suite and program leaders transform their organization and accelerate mission execution through emerging and disruptive technologies, innovative business models, retooled program operations and industry-driven solutions.
Work you’ll do
Lead medium-to-large-sized teams, designing and architecting large scale applications in AWS or Azure.
- Designing and architecting applications following cloud-oriented techniques
- Leading delivery teams and/or serving as the subject matter expert on cloud development projects
Deloitte's Government and Public Services (GPS) practice our people, ideas, technology and outcome is designed for impact. Serving federal, state, & local government clients as well as public higher education institutions, our team of over 15,000+ professionals brings fresh perspective to help clients anticipate disruption, reimagine the possible, and fulfill their mission promise.
Deloitte's Cloud offering consists of engineers and technical thought leaders who build cloud solutions that help shape the future of global enterprises. Our Cloud team is at the heart of technical solutioning and at the leading edge of product development.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Ability to obtain Secret clearance
- At least five years' experience developing and maintaining large scale applications 5+ years on AWS or Azure platform
- At least five years' experience with object-oriented and procedural programing languages
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need
- for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future
- Ability to travel 0-25%, on average, based on the work you do and the clients and industries/sectors you support.
- Experience with Azure services such as Logic Apps, Azure Functions and ARM templates
- Experience designing and implementing HADR environments
- Experience with building and deploying applications as containers using Docker and Kubernetes
- Knowledge of industry standards such as OpenAPI, REST, OpenID, oAuth2.0
- Strong familiarity with DevSecOps implementations
- Knowledge of computer infrastructure, such as networking, firewalls, load balancers, and auto-scaling
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Experience with AWS services, e.g. CloudFormation, Lambda, EC2, VPC, S3, DynamoDB, SNS, SQS, ECS, EKS, Route53, ELB/ALB
- Experience with application containerization (Docker and Kubernetes) as well as container orchestration platforms, such as OpenShift, Tanzu, or equivalent
- Strong knowledge of industry standards such as OpenAPI, REST, OpenID, oAuth2.0
- Experience with MVC frameworks (e.g. Spring), ORM tools (e.g. Hibernate), and relational / NoSQL database systems
- Strong familiarity with DevSecOps principles, CI/CD pipeline implementations, and related tools
- Industry certifications such as:
- Azure Certified Solutions Architect - Expert
- AWS Certified DevOps Engineer – Professional
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Professional
- AWS Certified Developer – Associate
From developing a stand out resume to putting your best foot forward in the interview, we want you to feel prepared and confident as you explore opportunities at Deloitte. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte recruiters. Benefits
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you. Our people and culture
Our diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture empowers our people to be who they are, contribute their unique perspectives, and make a difference individually and collectively. It enables us to leverage different ideas and perspectives, and bring more creativity and innovation to help solve our client most complex challenges. This makes Deloitte one of the most rewarding places to work. Learn more about our inclusive culture.
From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to build new skills, take on leadership opportunities and connect and grow through mentorship. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
Something looks off?