Software Support Engineer
About Digital Asset
Digital Asset helps companies of all sizes and across industries get distributed applications to market faster, and stay there longer. At the core of our service offering is DAML (daml.com), the open source and platform-independent smart contract framework that enables developers to write an application once and deploy it anywhere. Today, we work with some of the largest companies in the world to harness the transformative power of smart contracts - a component of the distributed ledger technology (DLT) stack - and change the way applications are developed, deployed and used to solve real-world business challenges.
Digital Asset is a global company with offices in New York, London, Budapest, Zurich, Hong Kong, and Sydney.
As we grow our team, we will maintain the dynamic, collaborative and pragmatic way of working that has grounded our efforts from the beginning. If you seek to develop solutions others have yet to contemplate, this opportunity may be right for you!
The DA Enterprise Support Team is the front line for our global customers, who run some of the most mission-critical financial infrastructures in the world. We help them build robust solutions and keep them up 24x7x365, with billions of dollars transacted daily on the line. We are the experts in our products. We help customers debug their thorniest problems, and we work with the product and engineering teams to improve the products based on customer feedback.
Team members are located in the US, Hungary, Hong Kong and Australia, and operate in overlapping shifts, using a follow-the-sun support model.
As a software support engineer, you will be continuously learning, documenting and advising our clients on how to best install, configure, deploy, connect and use DA products. You will own the client/field issues escalations and resolutions internally on behalf of clients. The primary objective is to provide DA clients with a great experience when using/learning our products. You will have extensive interactions with our internal developers/engineering teams and our product teams, either to work on escalated tickets, learn new product features or to provide inputs into product enhancements road maps based on field experiences.
- Triage complex software issues and provide technical assistance to customers
- Prioritize and resolve incidents and requests raised by external and internal clients
- Document issue resolutions and FAQs not found in our official products documentation
- Properly escalate unresolved issues to appropriate internal teams
- Participate in a scheduled on-call rotation to provide support coverage during non-business hours
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering or related discipline (or equivalent technical training and/or work experience)
- Minimum 3 years of experience as a Technical Support Engineer, Developer, or similar technical role
- Technical Skills – strong understanding of computer hardware and software, networking, security and other related technical skills
- Experience using and administering databases, particularly SQL, PostgreSQL and/or Oracle
- Good understanding of networking protocols/firewalls and cloud computing environments
- Experience packaging and deploying applications is a strong plus
- Ability to diagnose and troubleshoot basic technical issues (eg,analyzing problems, testing solutions, and recommending changes)
- Familiarity with configuring and using Operating Systems (Linux/Windows/MacOS)
- Familiarity with configuring and using blockchain based Distributed Ledgers (Fabric, Ethereum)
- Experience with deploying and configuring services on Cloud Environments (AWS, GCP, Azure), and using Containerization/Orchestration tools (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Familiarity with using support third tools such as (Salesforce, Jira, Confluence, Datadog, Jaeger, Github, etc..) is a strong plus
- Communication Skills – ability to effectively interact with clients, colleagues and other stakeholders and use excellent verbal, written and listening skills to explain technical concepts.
- Problem-solving Skills – able to identify and understand software issues and develop solutions to fix them. Ability to research and analyze software problems, identify potential solutions and implement them. Strong attention to detail and ability to be hands-on.
- Customer service skills – ability to maintain a supportive and calmative approach to answer client questions, solve problems and provide solutions in a pressure situation with clients during production outage situations.
- Continuous Learning – in the use and troubleshooting of DA products and DA developed support tools; in the use and troubleshooting of third-party products and services typically used in conjunction with DA products; and in using third-party tools used at DA
- Ability to work as a self-starter, with high energy and confidence, in a fast-paced, change-oriented environment
- Experience in working in a Financial Services environment and familiarity with Financial asset types is a plus
Connect With Us
This is a rare opportunity to help define an industry and join a dynamic team of technology innovators.
Digital Asset is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, religion, sexual orientation, age, disability, citizenship status, veteran status or any other basis protected by applicable law. If and as required by applicable law, all persons hired to work at Digital Asset will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the location for which they have an offer to work and to complete the necessary employment eligibility verification documents upon hire. Applicants with disabilities who require accommodation should contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
As part of our commitment to equal opportunity, Digital Asset believes that all employees should receive equal pay for equal work and is committed to this principle in its pay structure. DA also offers family-friendly benefits in addition to flexible work arrangements.