APAC Community Manager - Hong Kong Region
About Filecoin Foundation
Filecoin Foundation (FF) is an independent organization that facilitates governance of the Filecoin network, funds critical development projects, supports the growth of the Filecoin ecosystem, and advocates for Filecoin and the decentralized web. In 2017, the creators of Filecoin envisioned that an independent Filecoin Foundation would serve as the long-term governance body for the Filecoin Ecosystem. They gave the Foundation the mandate to “grow an open ecosystem for decentralized storage” and to “give developers an open and sustainable platform to build, enhance and monetize those services.” They wanted the Foundation to be modeled on Foundations for other open source projects like the Apache Software Foundation, the Mozilla Foundation and the Linux Foundation. The Filecoin Foundation operates independently of Protocol Labs, the organization that designed and built the Filecoin network. As a member of our early-stage team, you will have the opportunity to help define our growth as the organization scales. At Filecoin Foundation, we are a fully remote organization and support a remote, collaborative, and inclusive working culture from anywhere in the world.
- Proactive engagement with APAC community members to foster a supportive environment across Slack, GitHub, and other channels to set shared objectives, create open dialogue, build partnerships, and balance the interests of the foundation while sharing best practices
- Project and/or Program management responsibilities over strategic initiatives specific to APAC community interaction
- Track issues around GitHub, Slack, and Reddit and act as a liaison between the Filecoin community and the Filecoin Foundation
- Identify hurdles and pain points across the ecosystem, and act as a wayfinder to alleviate these issues
- Drive engagement around ecosystem and/or community releases and updates
- Maintain and connect community members and internal parties to develop a solid network of cross-functional trusted relationships
- Help build strategic capacity for network growth by identifying common issues and barriers, and prioritize related improvements
- Be involved in creating documentation, including writing specs and other documents as needed
- Facilitate community events that align to our OKRs that drive impact across the community
- Experience driving collaboration within the Asian market
- Significant experience in program management, community engagement, and/or technology strategy and execution
- You are detail-oriented and love to see projects from start to finish with an eye towards project management disciplines
- You have a passion for engaging community, can develop a presence across multiple channels, and can find new communities to tap into
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills and interpersonal skills
- Proactive, enthusiastic, and able to self-motivate; you love to take on new projects, initiatives and programs
- You are able to multi-task and context-switch with ease as you drive community engagement based on agreed upon priorities
- You can pull threads across multiple platforms to identify blockers, then triage to find the solutions
- You are familiar with launching scalable community initiatives and can help track relevant metrics in relation to company OKRs
- You can tap into enthusiasm for new ideas, organizations, and opportunities, and then proactively organize community members around them
- Extremely comfortable working with CRMs on a daily basis (Hubspot, Salesforce, Pipeline, etc.)
- You are not afraid of highly technical concepts or conversations
- Able to travel up to ~30% of the year, primarily in Asia
- Must be located in proximity to Hong Kong
- Must be fluent in both English and Mandarin with bonus points for Japanese and Korean
The salary range for this role takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including but not limited to skill sets; experience and training; licensure and certifications; and other business and organizational needs.
At Filecoin Foundation, total compensation for this position includes a base salary, tokens (FIL), and exceptional benefits and perks. A reasonable base salary estimate of the current range for this position is $104,179 - $150,000 USD.
Something looks off?