Sr. Internal Auditor - IT Role (Omaha/Metro Area)
At FNBO, our employees are the heart of our story—and we’re committed to their success! Please see below the details of this career opportunity and how it fits into our organization’s success.
Our Modern, Flexible Workplace:
We believe in a Modern, Flexible Workplace, and we are continuously exploring advancements in technology and office environments to make it easier to work from anywhere at any time, allowing for more flexibility in where and how you work. We know that choice and flexibility are important to you. We also recognize that flexible and remote positions can become opportunities for military partners, caregivers, and individuals with disabilities to thrive at our company. We invite you to consider what a Modern, Flexible Workplace can mean for you!It is anticipated that an incumbent in this role will work remotely for three (3) or more days a week and will share a hoteling workspace when working onsite. Work location is subject to change based on business needs.
Summary of the Job:
This role includes the excellent benefit of a Hybrid-Remote environment. The successful candidate will be able to work a majority of their time remotely
(estimated average is 3 days/week at home or other remote location, and 2 days/week onsite in Downtown Omaha).
The Senior IT Auditor is responsible for planning and leading IT audits of assigned business units and affiliates. As the in‐charge auditor, the Senior IT Auditor is responsible for assessing risks, evaluating controls, and designing appropriate audit tests. They will assist the manager with the risk assessment
process used to aid the department in the development of the annual audit plan. The Senior IT Auditor oversees audit staff and interns on audits and provides timely coaching feedback and reviews their audit documentation.
About This Role:
Audit Oversight and Consulting: Maintain a comprehensive knowledge of banking laws and regulations
and best practices in industry (specific to IT). Effectively provide audit consulting services to FNBO/FNNI
- Maintain level of expertise through ongoing and continual review of regulatory and industry publications to stay aware of new developments impacting the organization.
- Expertise is maintained through attending ongoing training and related conference and webinars.
- Research and resolve escalated issues from team members and/or internal business partners.
- Demonstrate ability to solve problems and drive positive change with assistance from the Audit Managing Director.
- Work with stakeholders on audit related and risk management initiatives to ensure the organization is taking appropriate actions to meet the goals and strategic plans of the organization.
Audit Execution: Responsible for delivering audits on time, within budget and meeting the strategic and
- Audit Planning – Analyze business functions and risk of assigned internal business partners and assist in setting the audit scope and developing the related Audit Program Guides. Promote and execute integrated and collaborative audit approach. Obtain input from other teams, identify, and accept cross-training opportunities within the department.
- Fieldwork – In addition to performing and documenting assigned audit procedures, delegate tasks to provide meaningful development opportunities for team members, review all work papers for quality and accuracy and ensure completion of audit tests, information gathering, and evaluation of results in support of audit objectives.
- Wrap‐up – Report audit results to management. Identify and produce issue summaries that clearly state the business objectives; understand root cause and provide possible resolutions. Provide Audit Managing Director with feedback on audit team members.
Risk Assessment: Aid manager in the continuous risk assessment processes by updating Audit Universe
Assessments (AUAs) as appropriate. Provide input based on in depth auditing knowledge to add
efficiency. Examples include automating audit steps using tools such as data analytics, continuous audit
opportunities, or integrated audit opportunities.
Department Lead: Coach team members to maintain or exceed established standards of productivity
and quality of business partner interactions.
- Promote a productive team environment (e.g. builds trust and makes team members feel valued and respected by listening to and encouraging others)
- Research and resolve escalated issues from team members. Utilize escalated issues to provide upfront and ongoing coaching and development
- Identify and correct discrepancies with regard to day‐to‐day functions and responsibilities to achieve the highest levels of efficiency and performance.
- Provide formal feedback and support in a constructive and sensitive manner to team members utilizing the Performance Evaluation Form.
Compliance: Understand and comply with bank policy, laws, regulations, and the bank's
BSA/AML Program, as applicable to your job duties. Complete compliance training and adhere
to internal procedures and controls, as required. Report any known violations of compliance
policy, law, or regulations. Report any suspicious customer and/or account activity.
Professionalism/Attendance: Maintain professional behavior, transparency, and openness with
internal business partners and department members. Develop partner relationships to assist in
identifying potential partnering opportunities and obtaining knowledge of the department of new
products/services to identify emerging risks. Serve CAS team and department as subject matter
expert and a resource. Know the Company Goals and understand your Key Accountabilities.
Personal Development: Identify personal skillset growth areas that provide opportunities to be
challenged, seek out learning experiences to gain knowledge in that area and invest time in those
The Ideal Candidate for This Role:
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: In completing this work, a Senior IT Auditor should conduct work in this
manner and with the following skills and abilities:
- Above average administrative, oral, and written communication skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Learning Orientation
- Problem Solving
- Auditing Principles and Tools
- Relationship Management
- Technical Communication/Presentation
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or IT related degree
- 3+ years of IT audit or IT management experience with a bank or financial institution
- Professional Certification: Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), either currently holds, or will complete all eligibility requirements/obtain CISA within 1 year after hire date
- Working knowledge of Data Analytics (ACL/Arbutus), Data Mining/Robotic Process Automation (RPA)
Equity, Diversity, & Inclusion:
FNBO is committed to belonging, inclusion, diversity and equity. We are committed to intentionally and proactively creating pathways to success for historically underrepresented populations. To accomplish this, we foster a culture of belonging and inclusion so that every employee is valued, and has opportunity and the ability to make an impact. FNBO strives to reflect the diversity of the communities we serve in the makeup of our workforce.
See the full FNBO Equity, Diversity, & Inclusion Statement here
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Click here to download 'EEO is The Law' Self-Print Poster
Click here to download 'EEO is The Law' Supplement for Federal Contractors
Click here to download 'EEO is The Law' GINA Supplement