Technology Intern - Summer 2024
At FNBO, our employees are the heart of our story—and we’re committed to their success! Please see below the details of this career opportunity and how it fits into our organization’s success.
Our Modern, Flexible Workplace:
We believe in a Modern, Flexible Workplace, and we are continuously exploring advancements in technology and office environments to make it easier to work from anywhere at any time, allowing for more flexibility in where and how you work. We know that choice and flexibility are important to you. We also recognize that flexible and remote positions can become opportunities for military partners, caregivers, and individuals with disabilities to thrive at our company. We invite you to consider what a Modern, Flexible Workplace can mean for you!It is anticipated that an incumbent in this role will work onsite for three (3) or more days a week and will have a dedicated workspace when working onsite. Work location is subject to change based on business needs.
Summary of the Job:
The Intern role is accountable to develop core skills and working knowledge of FNBO business practices and operations through educational sessions, straightforward projects, and other duties requested by the manager.
About This Role:
First National Bank of Omaha is hiring multiple Technology Interns for Summer 2024
Interns must live in the Omaha, NE area and attend a Nebraska University
Are you a college student eager to dive into the world of technology and gain hands-on experience? Join our IT Intern program at First National Bank and contribute to our mission of providing cutting-edge banking solutions. This internship offers a unique opportunity to learn and apply application development and infrastructure support techniques to real-life challenges. At First National Bank, we are at the forefront of the evolving banking landscape, making every customer experience, from card transactions to mobile logins, seamless and secure. Our IT Team plays a pivotal role in shaping this experience, and as an IT Intern, you'll have the chance to be part of this exciting journey.
- Collaborate with experienced technicians to gain insights into ongoing changes and test process improvements.
- Work in an agile environment as a valuable member of a scrum team, collaborating with other developers and engineers.
- Learn and apply common programming practices while adhering to our development standards.
Potential Focus Areas:
- IT Modernization
- Application Development
- Test Automation
- Application Rationalization
- Automation Engineering
The Ideal Candidate for This Role:
- Currently pursuing a degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to translate technical concepts into effective presentations.
- Desire to learn and apply computer programming concepts (prior experience is a plus but not required).
- Must be available to be onsite for various events throughout Summer 2024.
- Must be available to come onsite weekly.
-This is a Summer 2024 Internship opportunity. The position offers valuable exposure to our technology environment, mentorship from experienced professionals, and networking opportunities.
Opportunity for Cohort Program:
-After successful completion of the summer internship, high-performing interns will have the unique opportunity to be considered for our prestigious cohort program. The cohort program offers an extended learning experience, continued mentorship, and exposure to more complex projects. It provides a platform for interns to further develop their skills, collaborate with other talented individuals, and gain a deeper understanding of our bank's technology landscape.
- Hands-on experience in a dynamic IT environment.
- Opportunity to work alongside experienced professionals and gain mentorship.
- Exposure to a variety of IT focus areas.
- Collaborative and inclusive work culture.
-Opportunity to join FNBO’s Technology Cohort Program
Equity, Diversity, & Inclusion:
FNBO is committed to belonging, inclusion, diversity and equity. We are committed to intentionally and proactively creating pathways to success for historically underrepresented populations. To accomplish this, we foster a culture of belonging and inclusion so that every employee is valued, and has opportunity and the ability to make an impact. FNBO strives to reflect the diversity of the communities we serve in the makeup of our workforce.
See the full FNBO Equity, Diversity, & Inclusion Statement here
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Click here to download 'EEO is The Law' Self-Print Poster
Click here to download 'EEO is The Law' Supplement for Federal Contractors
Click here to download 'EEO is The Law' GINA Supplement