Director, Individual Segment Strategic Planning
At FNBO, our employees are the heart of our story—and we’re committed to their success! Please see below the details of this career opportunity and how it fits into our organization’s success.
Our Modern, Flexible Workplace:
We believe in a Modern, Flexible Workplace, and we are continuously exploring advancements in technology and office environments to make it easier to work from anywhere at any time, allowing for more flexibility in where and how you work. We know that choice and flexibility are important to you. We also recognize that flexible and remote positions can become opportunities for military partners, caregivers, and individuals with disabilities to thrive at our company. We invite you to consider what a Modern, Flexible Workplace can mean for you!It is anticipated that an incumbent in this role will work onsite for three (3) or more days a week and will have a dedicated workspace when working onsite. Work location is subject to change based on business needs.
Summary of the Job:
As a Strategic Planning Analyst, you will play a pivotal role in shaping the future of our segment through data-driven insights and strategic analysis. You will collaborate with cross-functional teams to drive key initiatives, identify growth opportunities, and optimize business processes. Leveraging your analytical skills and expertise, you will empower our organization to make outcome based decisions that align with our long-term goals. This position will work collaboratively across the segment, enterprise, and industry to identify areas of opportunity, based on customer need, and work to develop strategies and tactics to monetize differentiated customer focused solutions. It is essential that this role works across critical functions like product owners, individual segment leaders, customer experience, technology, finance, marketing and human resources to ensure that operationalization of initiatives aligns to customer need and individual segment goals.
About This Role:
- Identifies and refines business goals, jointly develops and implements with business partners. [tracks, monitors, and coaches leaders holding them accountable to build, cultivate and communicate strategy]
- Works as a strategic guide to keep focus on customer need and feedback.
- Develop and maintain robust visuals to forecast market trends, competitive landscape, and business performance.
- Identify growth opportunities and assess potential risks by conducting comprehensive market research and competitive analysis, for our existing markets as well as potential growth markets.
- Researches and communicates relevant macro-level strategic trends: external threats & analysis of competitive environment, customer expectations, product and service offerings, capabilities and processes of best-in-class competitors, vendors and industry experts to identify opportunities that will improve division efficiency and effectiveness while enhancing customer experience (incubation).
- Collaborate with various departments to gather and analyze data, translating into actionable insights that inform strategic direction.
- Contribute to the formulation of short-term and long-term strategic plans that align with segment (and company) objectives.
- Present findings and recommendations to senior leadership, supporting data-driven decision-making at all levels.
- Monitor and evaluate key performance indicators (KPIs) to track against strategic goals, making necessary adjustments as required.
- Manage ATM vendor relationship, monitor SLAs and ensure full use of ATM capabilities
- Engages with business partners to ensure that critical strategic decisions are vetted and well thought out prior to execution
- Provide context and data in the development of business cases for new initiatives, outlining potential outcomes
- Assists individual segment leaders with central issues, white papers, analysis, executive communication as needed.
- Facilitate post-implementation business case reviews to apply learnings to future efforts.
- Collaborate with data, finance and CX teams to ensure accurate data collection, validation, and interpretation.
- Stay current with industry trends and emerging technologies to continuously improve the strategic planning process.
- Facilitate the Branch and ATM working groups, leveraging data insights to inform decisions to adjust investment in physical locations.
The Ideal Candidate for This Role:
- Bachelor’s degree required, plus 7+ years of experience in financial services or other relevant industries.
- Requires master level knowledge of job typically gathered through experience and education.
- Proven ability to build and execute on a strategic plan
- Strong analytical and independent problem-solving skills; sound judgment and strong collaborative decision-making skills.
- Group facilitation
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills and strong ability to articulate concepts and strategies
- Power BI or Data Visualization
- Business Process Mapping
- Relationship Management
- Strategic thinking
- Customer Focus
- Data Analytics
Equity, Diversity, & Inclusion:
FNBO is committed to belonging, inclusion, diversity and equity. We are committed to intentionally and proactively creating pathways to success for historically underrepresented populations. To accomplish this, we foster a culture of belonging and inclusion so that every employee is valued, and has opportunity and the ability to make an impact. FNBO strives to reflect the diversity of the communities we serve in the makeup of our workforce.
See the full FNBO Equity, Diversity, & Inclusion Statement here
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Click here to download 'EEO is The Law' Self-Print Poster
Click here to download 'EEO is The Law' Supplement for Federal Contractors
Click here to download 'EEO is The Law' GINA Supplement