Intern - Data Analytics (Omaha, NE)
At FNBO, our employees are the heart of our story—and we’re committed to their success! Please see below the details of this career opportunity and how it fits into our organization’s success.
Our Modern, Flexible Workplace:
We believe in a Modern, Flexible Workplace, and we are continuously exploring advancements in technology and office environments to make it easier to collaborate and connect with customers and coworkers.It is anticipated that an incumbent in this role will work onsite 100% of the time and will have a dedicated workspace. Work location is subject to change based on business needs.
Summary of the Job:
Are you a tech-savvy and driven individual eager to gain real-world experience in the dynamic intersection of finance and technology? FNBO is offering an exciting opportunity for aspiring technologists to embark on a transformative journey as Technology Interns. As a leading financial institution, we recognize the pivotal role that technology plays in shaping the banking landscape of tomorrow. This internship will immerse you in our cutting-edge projects, collaborative work environment, and mentorship from industry experts, empowering you to make meaningful contributions while honing your skills in a fast-paced, forward-thinking setting. If you're ready to explore the possibilities of fintech and revolutionize banking services, we invite you to join us in shaping the future together.
The Intern role is accountable to develop core skills and working knowledge of FNBO business practices and operations through educational sessions, straightforward projects, and other duties requested by the manager.
Work hours: 20 - 40 hours/week based on candidates’ academic schedule
Duration: The incumbent’s performance in this internship role will be regularly evaluated to ensure alignment to evolving business needs
About This Role:
This internship opportunity is within our Enterprise Data Management (EDM) Department in the Consumer Banking Group. EDM is a critical department in our organization, managing the development and implementation of a multitude of analytical tools which enable our day-to-day decision-making processes for a variety of banking products.
As a Data Analytics intern, the student would complete real-life projects under the mentoring of analytics professionals within the department. The area of work will mostly focus on marketing and partnership analytics, but can be tailored to the student’s interest, experience, and career goals.
Projects could include:
1. Data mining very large databases (tens of millions of records) using a variety of analytics tools (SQL, SAS, R, Python), conduct data analyses and build machine learning models to solve business problems
2. Write model documentation to ensure transparency and provide necessary documents for model validation and auditing purposes
2. Act as a junior data consultant to internal business teams and external clients by providing data-driven insights to answer relevant business questions
3. Present model performance results, analysis outcomes and findings to business users and management
4. Work on reporting requests from business users to help them get the right data for their campaigns and operations
Duties may include:
Attend and participate in required internship educational sessions to develop and enhance core skills, industry knowledge, and key system and process understanding (as available). Work with manager to develop, implement and complete a development plan, intended to identify educational opportunities in the organization aligned with interests
The Ideal Candidate for This Role:
- Graduate student or senior undergraduate in a quantitative field such as Statistics, Computer Science, Data Science, Mathematics
- Demonstrate excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience using one or more of the following programming languages: SQL, SAS, R, or Python
- Applicant would be expected to be able to work part-time (at least 20 hours/week) during the academic year
- Experience with AWS machine learning tools (SageMaker, Transcribe, etc.), Python, PowerBI
- Located in Omaha area
Equity, Diversity, & Inclusion:
FNBO is committed to belonging, inclusion, diversity and equity. We are committed to intentionally and proactively creating pathways to success for historically underrepresented populations. To accomplish this, we foster a culture of belonging and inclusion so that every employee is valued, and has opportunity and the ability to make an impact. FNBO strives to reflect the diversity of the communities we serve in the makeup of our workforce.
See the full FNBO Equity, Diversity, & Inclusion Statement here
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Click here to download 'EEO is The Law' Self-Print Poster
Click here to download 'EEO is The Law' Supplement for Federal Contractors
Click here to download 'EEO is The Law' GINA Supplement