Posted on Friday, May 19, 2023
Title: Regulatory Counsel
Level: VP / Director
Location: London (preferred)
Founded in 2013, GSR is a leading market-making and programmatic trading firm in the exciting and fast-evolving digital assets world with over 250 employees across different jurisdictions. We provide billions of dollars of liquidity to protocols and venues on a daily basis. We build long-term relationships with cryptocurrency communities and traditional investors by offering exceptional service, expertise and trading capabilities tailored to their specific needs.
GSR works with token issuers, traders, investors, miners, and more than 30 cryptocurrency exchanges around the world. In volatile markets we are a trusted partner to crypto native builders and to those exploring the industry for the first time.
Our team of veteran finance and technology executives from Goldman Sachs, Two Sigma, and Citadel, among others, has developed one of the world’s most robust trading platforms designed to navigate issues unique to the digital asset markets. We have continuously improved our technology throughout our history, allowing for our clients to scale and execute their strategies with the highest level of efficiency.
Working at GSR is an opportunity to be deeply embedded in every major sector of the cryptocurrency ecosystem.
About the role:
GSR is looking for a Regulatory Counsel to join the Legal & Compliance team on a full-time basis.
You will be instrumental in facilitating the growth of our business globally, working closely with the Trading and Sales teams, Compliance, Operations, Risk and Senior Management.
- Financial services regulatory coverage for the firm’s trading and business activities in multiple regions.
- Manage, and advise with respect to, the license application process in the UK and other regions as relevant.
- Manage external and internal resources to oversee and scale the global legal process of digital asset review and diligence for GSR.
- Manage vendor teams and external counsel that will work with in-house legal on complex review processes to reach resolution on highly specialised legal matters, local regulation and licensing.
- Engage with industry stakeholders to stay ahead of regulatory developments relating to the classification and evaluation of digital assets of all sorts.
Who we are looking for:
You are a disciplined self-starter with a high degree of motivation, analytical rigour and attention to detail, with a passion for communication and ability to execute.
- 4-8 years experience at a major law firm or an in-house legal department in the financial services industry is required.
- Expert understanding of UK financial services regulation as well as familiarity with EU and US regulations.
- Experience with a variety of asset classes (e.g. securities, commodities, FX), with preferably at least some exposure to crypto markets.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and deadline-oriented environment.
- Consummate team player with excellent interpersonal skills and professionalism to interact well with internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong commercial awareness, conviction and willingness to provide considered, practical and calibrated advice.
- Experience with people management in a legal setting, including mentorship and career development.
What we offer:
- A highly collaborative and transparent firm culture founded on Integrity, Innovation and Performance.
- The ability to effect change and actively shape the regulatory strategy of the firm.
- Competitive Salary with two discretionary bonus’ payments a year.
- Benefits such as Healthcare, Dental, Vision, Retirement Planning, 30 days holiday and free lunches when in the office.
- Hybrid working pattern in all of our offices from London, the US, Singapore, Zug and Malaga.
- A Corporate and Social Responsibility program as well as charity fundraising matching and volunteer days.
- Immigration and relocation support were required.
GSR is proudly an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon any applicable legally protected characteristics such as race, religion, colour, country of origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression or age. We operate a meritocracy, all aspects of people engagement from the decision to hire or promote as well as our performance management process will be based on the business needs and individual merit, competence in the role. Learn more about us at www.gsr.io.
See more open positions at GSR Markets
Something looks off?