Marketing and Business Development Specialist - Energy and Environment Regulatory Practices
Keen to become part of a truly global, collaborative team of professionals? Your journey begins here.
Our well-established global M&BD team supports the firm on a wide range of business development, marketing and client relationship management activities. The team is divided into a number of key areas, all of which this role interacts with:
- Clients & Industries
- Corporate Communications
- Pitches & Pursuits
- Marketing Operations
We are seeking a Marketing & Business Development Specialist to support our market-leading and fast-growing Energy, Environment & Natural Resources Regulatory Practices & Industry Sector. As part of a global team, you will work closely with colleagues across the U.S., Europe and Asia, supporting stakeholders who sit primarily in Washington, D.C. and Denver.
Flexibility is key in managing the competing demands from the various stakeholders, but in return you will get to demonstrate your skills across the full marketing and business development mix - from pitching and client account management, to external profile raising and internal engagement activities.
Marketing Campaigns, Thought Leadership, and Profile Raising
- Supporting growth efforts for the Environment and Energy regulatory practices and industry sector in the market and with key clients
- Contributing to integrated campaigns to help raise profile and awareness with existing and potential clients
- Drafting and distributing marketing communications, covering seminars and client events, CLE trainings, client facing materials, external conference attendance, newsletters, managing web and social media content
- Creating and maintaining targeted mailing lists for newsletters and events
- Compiling directory and award submissions
Events and Sponsorships
- Supporting the coordination and execution of sponsorships, seminars, receptions, and other marketing-oriented events and activities, including but not limited to event promotion, development of invitations and program materials, and other internal and client communications.
- Working with M&BD Manager to plan internal sector and practice meetings and retreats.
Pitching, Targeting and New Business Generation
- Supporting on industry sector or practice-led pitch opportunities
- Liaising with Global Pitch team and other M&BD team members to provide input to other industry sector, practice, or firmwide pitches
- Creating and maintaining a suite of standard targeting materials, including credentials documents and experience lists
- Supporting the client account team on the portfolio of clients within the Environment and Energy regulatory practices and industry sector
Internal Communication and Knowledge Sharing
- Supporting the Environment and Energy regulatory practices and industry sector efforts, including management of regular calls, meeting minutes, and follow up on actions discussed
- Maintaining key M&BD resources including on the global intranet and website, team lists, and master credentials documents
- Creating and updating industry sector and practice presentations for internal profile raising and management reporting for major initiatives executed
Planning and Budgeting
- Supporting the implementation of the business plans for the Environment and Energy regulatory practices and industry sector.
- Supporting budget management and BD spend reporting.
- Delivering market research, client analysis, and internal intelligence to support the business planning process
Wider M&BD projects
- Contributing to wider M&BD projects as required
- Specific duties or responsibilities may be reviewed from time to time to reflect changes in personnel and management structure, staff location and services
- Marketing experience is a plus, preferably in a legal, similar professional services industry or energy or environment company.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Knowledge of and interest in the energy and/or environment industries is a plus.
- Strong organizational skills and an ability to prioritize and complete simultaneous projects.
- Ability to meet deadlines and work well under pressure.
- Collaborative and team-minded.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and an exacting attention to detail in all work products.
- Enthusiasm and dedication to the development of a professional services marketing career
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
EDUCATION, CERTIFICATIONS, AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- 3-4 years of relevant experience preferred, preferably in a legal or professional/business services sector.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
Core hours are Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Must be flexible to work additional hours. We are happy to consider agile and flexible working patterns. Our approach to hybrid working allows for up to 40% of time working from home and 60% working in the office, please contact a member of the recruitment team to discuss further.
This job description sets forth the authorities and responsibilities of this position and may be changed from time to time as shall be determined.
Hogan Lovells is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or other factors protected by law.
Hogan Lovells is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information or protected Veteran status.