Executive Attorney Assistant
Keen to become part of a truly global, collaborative team of professionals? Your journey begins here.
- Following the Firm’s established document processing methods and procedures, creates, edits, spell checks, and proofreads work product to ensure accuracy and completeness. Accurately transcribes from tapes, handwritten materials and/or dictation. Prepares a variety of forms and creates new documents using the Firm’s Best Practice methods.
- Schedules and maintains timekeepers’ calendars, where appropriate. Maintains lawyer-client contact information and other pertinent information in the Firm’s client contact database program.
- Inputs, reviews, edits, and closes timekeepers’ time entries bi-weekly through the Firm’s web-based time entry program using Firm standards.
- Handles monthly client billing (paper and electronic billing). Review billing proformas for accuracy and completeness. Performs client, matter and timekeeper inquiries, and narrative edits.
- Prepares timekeepers’ expense reports in a timely manner. Arranges for payment of vendor invoices or checks to be drawn and charged to appropriate client/matter numbers.
- Coordinates travel arrangements through in-house Travel Department.
- Opens new matters and generate client conflict checks. Coordinates with Records Department for file retrieval. Sets up and maintains timekeeper’s work files, including daily and regular filing. Indexes and prepares files for off-site storage.
- Prepares annual and/or supplemental audit letter responses.
- Prints and organizes a variety of documents received in a range of formats, including emails, attachments, and documents from CD ROM, and receives and prints faxes.
- As requested, answers telephone and accurately takes and relays messages. Arranges for video conferencing and sets up conference calls.
- Responds to customer/client requests in a professional manner.
- Interacts effectively and courteously, in person, by telephone, and in writing with attorneys, supervisors, co-workers, and other business professionals.
- Assumes responsibility for maintaining the highest level of confidentiality of all Firm and client information, records and files, both within and outside of the Firm.
- Volunteers for overflow work.
- All members of the firm are encouraged to participate in our Global Citizenship program.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
- 5+ years of office experience required.
- Law firm experience preferred.
- Billing experience, including electronic billing, preferred.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word (2010).
- 60 wpm typing speed, excellent grammar, spelling, punctuation, and communication skills.
- Attention to detail and good organizational and analytical skills.
- Flexible attitude and the ability to deal well with changing assignments and priorities.
- Flexible for overtime.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- College degree a plus.
Core hours are Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., including lunch hour, with flexibility for overtime as needed.
This job description sets forth the authorities and responsibilities of this position and may be changed from time to time as shall be determined.
Hogan Lovells is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information or protected Veteran status.