Guest Services Specialist
Holland & Knight
We are a Firm where people truly believe in what they do and strive to achieve the highest standards of performance and success.
Provide professional and responsive guest services for our conference facilities department.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Assist in coordination and execution of various meetings and events.
- Assist in ensuring event and group/office budgets are adhered to.
- Recommend caterers and menus for meetings and events, communicate/place orders with vendors.
- Familiarity with office/conference layout in order to assist with facilitating meeting logistics.
- Coordinate with other departments including marketing.
- Beverage/coffee/food set-up and break-down for daily meetings.
- Conference planning utilizing event management software.
- Inventory of catering supplies/maintenance of catering pantries--including coffee machines, other appliances.
- Maintenance of conference rooms and visitor offices.
- Light administrative duties (scanning, copying, invoice etc.)
- Act as back-up receptionist (answer and direct calls to appropriate persons; greet guests and visitors, etc.)
- Ability to lift a minimum of 35 pounds.
- Special projects and additional duties as assigned.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in related area (coordinating events, hospitality, miscellaneous administrative duties, etc.)
- Ability to manage multiple projects.
- Ability to carry out projects with little supervision.
- Ability to maintain professional demeanor under pressure.
- Exceptional customer service and communication skills with persons of all levels.
- Detail oriented.
- Professional appearance and manner required for interaction with clients, attorneys and staff.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
Benefits: Our goal is to promote a work environment in which individuals have access to the resources they need to be at their best both professionally and personally, which includes resources that encourage individuals to focus on their health and well-being. Below is a list of just some of the benefits we offer: generous paid time off; eleven paid holidays per year; time off for bereavement or jury duty; paid leave for new parents; comprehensive medical (PPO and HDHPs), dental and vision plans including coverage for domestic partners; life and AD&D insurance; short and long term disability insurance; tax-advantaged accounts for health care expenses, including FSA or HSA; FSA for dependent care; supplemental AFLAC policies for medical care; excess liability coverage; health advocacy services; behavioral health and counseling resources for all family members; 401(k); profit sharing; pre-tax transit and parking program; backup care for children and adults; senior care planning support; and resources for individuals with development disabilities and their caregivers.
Benefits may vary by position and office.
Holland & Knight is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran or any other protected class.
Personal Information collected from applicants will be used for the purpose of processing the application throughout any recruitment or employment process, as well as inclusion in a personnel file. Categories of data collected may include name, address, phone numbers, email, Social Security Number, and signature. Holland & Knight may collect further information if you consent to a background check. This includes criminal background, employment, and certifications. Please visit Legal Information Portal for Holland & Knight LLP’s privacy policies.