Litigation Practice Assistant (Legal Secretary)
Holland & Knight
We are a Firm where people truly believe in what they do and strive to achieve the highest standards of performance and success.
The Litigation Practice Assistant provides high quality administrative support to a group of lawyers and professionals in a team environment to effectively and efficiently meet Firm/client needs.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Create, format, edit, proofread, and manage Word documents, Excel spreadsheets, and PowerPoint presentations. Draft routine correspondence, forms, etc. under the supervision of an appropriate lawyer/professional.
- Answer telephone and routine questions from clients and staff members and/or route calls to appropriate lawyer or staff member.
- Assist with managing lawyer’s calendar by scheduling appointments, depositions, meetings (external and internal), hearings, closings, etc.
- Schedule domestic and foreign travel through firm travel system, including flights, hotels and/or car rentals.
- Track, organize, and process reimbursements, invoices, and check requests.
- Run conflict checks, open new client matters, and draft engagement letters and other required documents; provide guidance to lawyers so completed forms are submitted properly.
- Opens, prioritizes and distributes mail. Coordinates mailings, deliveries, copying and courthouse filings where appropriate.
- Enter and manage work requests from lawyers in the workflow tool and complete according to provided deadline(s).
- Perform routine filing, photocopying, scanning, compiling, and distributing of documents; identify and coordinate available services provided by administrative departments such as office services, the IT Help Desk, word processing, accounting, billing, and records.
- Operates independently to ensure assignments, which may be complex in nature or require high-level production, are completed in an accurate and timely manner. Produces a high volume of work assignments in an accurate and timely manner.
- Perform clerical duties for non-legal departments, as needed.
- 10+ years supporting lawyers and paralegals with administrative or client-related tasks.
- Providing executive assistant support.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Experience with Worksite/Filesite document management system.
- Has attained proficiency in all of the core legal administrative assistant functions and has advanced technical and communications skills.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with demonstrated ability to coordinate multiple competing tasks and demands.
- Superb attention to detail, grammar, and punctuation, and the ability to articulate thoughts and effectively present new ideas and findings.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
In accordance with the California Pay Transparency Law, the pay range for this position is $36.20 - $59.20 hourly. An individual's actual compensation will depend on the individual's qualifications and experience.
Benefits: Our goal is to promote a work environment in which individuals have access to the resources they need to be at their best both professionally and personally, which includes resources that encourage individuals to focus on their health and well-being. Below is a list of just some of the benefits we offer: generous paid time off; eleven paid holidays per year; time off for bereavement or jury duty; paid leave for new parents; comprehensive medical (PPO and HDHPs), dental and vision plans including coverage for domestic partners; life and AD&D insurance; short and long term disability insurance; tax-advantaged accounts for health care expenses, including FSA or HSA; FSA for dependent care; supplemental AFLAC policies for medical care; excess liability coverage; health advocacy services; behavioral health and counseling resources for all family members; 401(k); profit sharing; pre-tax transit and parking program; backup care for children and adults; senior care planning support; and resources for individuals with development disabilities and their caregivers.
Benefits may vary by position and office.
Holland & Knight is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran or any other protected class.
Personal Information collected from applicants will be used for the purpose of processing the application throughout any recruitment or employment process, as well as inclusion in a personnel file. Categories of data collected may include name, address, phone numbers, email, Social Security Number, and signature. Holland & Knight may collect further information if you consent to a background check. This includes criminal background, employment, and certifications. Please visit Legal Information Portal for Holland & Knight LLP’s privacy policies.