Senior Billing Specialist
Holland & Knight
We are a Firm where people truly believe in what they do and strive to achieve the highest standards of performance and success.
The right individual for this role will work with Holland & Knight’s Partners and their assistants for the purpose of generating monthly client invoices/bills.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Process client bills via Aderant software.
- Research and answer billing questions.
- Review and edit pre-bills in response to attorney and secretary requests.
- Handle and process a high volume of complex bills.
- Review and verify accuracy of billing and supporting documentation as required.
- Ad hoc reports for attorneys as needed.
- Special projects and additional duties as assigned.
- Candidate will have 5+ years of progressive experience as a Biller in a law firm environment.
- Aderant software experience preferred.
- E-Billing experience a plus.
- Proficiency with Windows-based software and Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook is required.
- Position requires the ability to work well under pressure to meet strict deadlines.
- Flexibility for overtime is required.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work well under pressure.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Self-starter with ability to successfully adapt to changing priorities and work demands.
- Ability to multi-task, organize workflow and use time efficiently.
- Exceptional analytical skills.
- Ability to anticipate work needs.
- Understanding of accounts payable, the processes involved and related applications (i.e. Chrome River).
- Must be proactive in identifying issues and proposing solutions.
- Bachelor’s degree required but maybe substituted for relevant legal work experience
This position may be filled in New York City, Colorado, or California. In accordance with the New York City Human Rights Law, the Colorado Equal Pay Act, and the California Pay Transparency Law, the pay range for this position in New York City is $30.60 - $45.80/hourly, in Colorado is $26.70 - $40.10/hourly, and in California is $29.30 - $47.80/hourly. These ranges are specific to these three locations and may not be applicable to other locations. An individual's actual compensation will depend on the individual's qualifications and experience.
Benefits: Our goal is to promote a work environment in which individuals have access to the resources they need to be at their best both professionally and personally, which includes resources that encourage individuals to focus on their health and well-being. Below is a list of just some of the benefits we offer: generous paid time off; eleven paid holidays per year; time off for bereavement or jury duty; paid leave for new parents; comprehensive medical (PPO and HDHPs), dental and vision plans including coverage for domestic partners; life and AD&D insurance; short and long term disability insurance; tax-advantaged accounts for health care expenses, including FSA or HSA; FSA for dependent care; supplemental AFLAC policies for medical care; excess liability coverage; health advocacy services; behavioral health and counseling resources for all family members; 401(k); profit sharing; pre-tax transit and parking program; backup care for children and adults; senior care planning support; and resources for individuals with development disabilities and their caregivers.
Benefits may vary by position and office.
Holland & Knight is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran or any other protected class.
Personal Information collected from applicants will be used for the purpose of processing the application throughout any recruitment or employment process, as well as inclusion in a personnel file. Categories of data collected may include name, address, phone numbers, email, Social Security Number, and signature. Holland & Knight may collect further information if you consent to a background check. This includes criminal background, employment, and certifications. Please visit Legal Information Portal for Holland & Knight LLP’s privacy policies.