Holland & Knight
We are a Firm where people truly believe in what they do and strive to achieve the highest standards of performance and success.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Under the direction of a paralegal or attorney, applies knowledge to assist in providing support by gathering documents and information for assignments.
- Collaborates with team to conduct research and analyze documents to prepare reports of findings. (Applies knowledge to assist with proper filing of documents with regulatory authorities, courts, other tribunals, monitors status and distributes copies.
- Prepare materials (files and/or binders) for trial, arbitrations, mediations, closings, and other practice specific events/meetings.
- Compile documents in support of briefs and to organize document productions.
- May be responsible for UCC filings/renewals/lien searches.
- Maintain status report of open issues.
- Perform physical and electronic filing, indexing and active file maintenance.
- Performs special projects and other duties as assigned. This may include backup for other office support areas.
- A minimum of 1 year in paralegal legal support or related experience.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office tools.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Preferred experience with database and supporting a legal practice group.
- Accurate computer typing skills.
- Written communication skills.
- Ability to lift heavy boxes weighing 35 pounds.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or the equivalent combination in education and experience.
Holland and Knight is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran or any other protected class
Benefits: Our goal is to promote a work environment in which individuals have access to the resources they need to be at their best both professionally and personally, which includes resources that encourage individuals to focus on their health and well-being. Below is a list of just some of the benefits we offer: generous paid time off; eleven paid holidays per year; time off for bereavement or jury duty; paid leave for new parents; comprehensive medical (PPO and HDHPs), dental and vision plans including coverage for domestic partners; life and AD&D insurance; short and long term disability insurance; tax-advantaged accounts for health care expenses, including FSA or HSA; FSA for dependent care; supplemental AFLAC policies for medical care; excess liability coverage; health advocacy services; behavioral health and counseling resources for all family members; 401(k); profit sharing; pre-tax transit and parking program; backup care for children and adults; senior care planning support; and resources for individuals with development disabilities and their caregivers.
Benefits may vary by position and office.
Holland & Knight is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran or any other protected class.
Personal Information collected from applicants will be used for the purpose of processing the application throughout any recruitment or employment process, as well as inclusion in a personnel file. Categories of data collected may include name, address, phone numbers, email, Social Security Number, and signature. Holland & Knight may collect further information if you consent to a background check. This includes criminal background, employment, and certifications. Please visit Legal Information Portal for Holland & Knight LLP’s privacy policies.