Director of HR Systems and Business Intelligence
Holland & Knight
We are a Firm where people truly believe in what they do and strive to achieve the highest standards of performance and success.
*Applicants must reside in the Eastern or Central time zone and be willing to travel periodically for work.
The Director of HR Systems and Business Intelligence is responsible for overseeing the strategic planning, implementation, and management of HR information systems (HRIS) and for supporting data-driven decision-making and strategic insights within the HR department in support of the firm’s overall business objectives. The Director of HR Systems and Business Intelligence reports to the Chief PD & HR Officer and works closely with other departments and functional areas, including the Knowledge and Innovation, IT, and Finance departments, and other stakeholders, to ensure strategic alignment and integration with the firm’s overall technology and data strategies. The Director leads a team of HR systems and data professionals to improve processes, enhance data accuracy, and to transform HR data into actionable insights.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- HR Technology Strategy and Planning: Develop and execute a comprehensive HRIS strategy aligned with the firm's HR and business objectives. Identify opportunities to leverage more fully existing HR systems and tools to streamline processes and improve efficiency.
- HR Analytics Strategy: Develop and execute a comprehensive HR analytics strategy aligned with overall HR and firm business objectives. Identify key HR metrics and performance indicators. Define the roadmap for HR data collection, analysis, and reporting. Leverage technological tools to develop reports, dashboards and data visualizations to present complex HR data in a clear and visually compelling manner to support decision-making.
- Integration with Other Systems: Work with the Knowledge and Innovation and IT teams to integrate HR systems with other business systems to enhance data flow and reporting capabilities.
- Team Leadership: Lead, mentor, and manage a team of HR systems and data professionals to ensure the team's effectiveness in delivering quality results.
- Process Optimization: Continuously review HR processes and workflows to identify opportunities for automation and efficiencies. Streamline HR processes using technological capabilities.
- HR Systems Administration: Oversee the day-to-day operation of HR systems, including system configuration, feature releases, user support, and troubleshooting. Collaborate with IT and others as needed to maintain and enhance functionality.
- Data Management: Ensure the integrity, security, and accuracy of HR data. Work with the Information Governance group to establish and implement data governance protocols.
- Compliance and Security: Collaborate with cybersecurity, privacy and compliance professionals to ensure that the firm’s HR systems comply with relevant employment laws, data protection regulations, and cybersecurity standards. Implement measures to safeguard sensitive HR data.
- HR Systems Selection and Implementation: Lead the evaluation, selection, and implementation of HR technology solutions, including enterprise HR and payroll systems, performance management software, and talent acquisition tools.
- Vendor Management: Work with the procurement function to manage relationships with HR systems vendors and service providers. Collaborate with procurement and vendors on contract negotiations, to manage service level agreements, and to address issues and implement enhancement and feature releases.
- Budgeting: Provide input into the annual budget process and track spending against approved budget allocations.
- Training and User Adoption: Develop training programs and resources to ensure partners and employees are empowered to effectively use the firm’s HR systems. Drive user adoption and engagement with HR technology as needed to support business objectives.
- Stay Informed about HR Technology Trends: Stay up to date with industry best practices and emerging HR technology trends to ensure the firm remains competitive and innovative in HR operations.
- Special projects and additional duties as assigned.
- 10+ years of experience in, and extensive knowledge of, HR information systems management, data analytics and business intelligence, with at least 5 years in a leadership role.
- Experience with Workday human capital management system required.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and motivate a team, fostering a collaborative and results-oriented work environment.
- Ability to work collaboratively and effectively across departments and functional areas to achieve business objectives.
- Proficiency in data analysis tools and technologies (e.g., Excel, SQL, Python) and business intelligence platforms (e.g., Tableau, Power BI). Experience in HR data visualization to communicate insights effectively.
- Strong knowledge of HR processes, talent management, employee engagement, and workforce planning. Demonstrated process improvement skills.
- Experience in data integration and data governance practices, and familiarity with relevant data protection and privacy regulations.
- Exceptional analytical, problem-solving, and critical-thinking skills.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and initiative while also working collaboratively with others in a team environment.
- Ability to assimilate information quickly and to grasp big picture concepts as well as details; demonstrated business and technological acumen to translate business needs into solutions.
- Flexibility to respond quickly and positively to shifting demands and opportunities; ability to work under tight deadlines and manage multiple, detailed tasks.
- Ability to anticipate issues and exercise good judgment in recommending solutions.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to produce quality work product under time constraints.
- Excellent communication and presentation abilities, with the ability to convey complex technical concepts to both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Excellent project management and organizational skills to lead projects from start to finish while meeting milestones and project timelines.
- Ability and willingness to travel.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in human resources, business analytics, data science, information systems, or a related field.
This position may be filled in New York City. In accordance with the New York City Human Rights Law, the pay range for this position in New York City is $183,000 - $274,600/yr. This range is specific to this location and may not be applicable to other locations. An individual's actual compensation will depend on the individual's qualifications and experience.
Benefits: Our goal is to promote a work environment in which individuals have access to the resources they need to be at their best both professionally and personally, which includes resources that encourage individuals to focus on their health and well-being. Below is a list of just some of the benefits we offer: generous paid time off; eleven paid holidays per year; time off for bereavement or jury duty; paid leave for new parents; comprehensive medical (PPO and HDHPs), dental and vision plans including coverage for domestic partners; life and AD&D insurance; short and long term disability insurance; tax-advantaged accounts for health care expenses, including FSA or HSA; FSA for dependent care; supplemental AFLAC policies for medical care; excess liability coverage; health advocacy services; behavioral health and counseling resources for all family members; 401(k); profit sharing; pre-tax transit and parking program; backup care for children and adults; senior care planning support; and resources for individuals with development disabilities and their caregivers.
Benefits may vary by position and office.
Holland & Knight is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran or any other protected class.
Personal Information collected from applicants will be used for the purpose of processing the application throughout any recruitment or employment process, as well as inclusion in a personnel file. Categories of data collected may include name, address, phone numbers, email, Social Security Number, and signature. Holland & Knight may collect further information if you consent to a background check. This includes criminal background, employment, and certifications. Please visit Legal Information Portal for Holland & Knight LLP’s privacy policies.