Assistant Director of Deal Flow
Holland & Knight
We are a Firm where people truly believe in what they do and strive to achieve the highest standards of performance and success.
The Assistant Director of Deal Flow will lead in sourcing investment opportunities for clients, prospective clients, and friends of the firm, cultivate relationships with capital providers, provide research skill and guidance to the HK Deal Flow team, and perform various additional project management duties.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Strategically source potential investment opportunities in key focus industries for participants in the HK Deal Flow program, particularly healthcare.
- Strategically identify and cultivate relationships with capital providers, specifically all funded funds (private equity, growth equity, debt funds), independent sponsors and early stage investors.
- Identify and cultivate internal and external relationships that support the growth of the HK Deal Flow program. Examples of relationships include ones with H&K attorneys, capital providers, deal intermediaries, and other service providers.
- Identify capital providers for each deal sourced and other deals as assigned.
- Manage and coordinate the pipeline of deal opportunities.
- Manage communication and relationships with HK Deal Flow program participants.
- Perform various project management duties (e.g. ensure all deals sourced are shared with relevant capital providers in a timely manner).
- Perform tracking and any necessary follow-up for the entire lifecycle of a deal shared through the HK Deal Flow program.
- Perform research assignments to support the growth and expansion of the HK Deal Flow program (e.g. basic market, industry, prospect or deal intermediary research).
- Attend networking, conferences and other corporate development events as required.
- Thoughtfully suggest ideas for processes or workflow improvement as recognized in the course of daily work.
- Special projects and additional duties as assigned.
- 6+ years of experience in financial services, private wealth, private equity, corporate development, or investment banking required. A focus in healthcare is strongly preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- An entrepreneurial, energetic, and optimistic attitude with a strong work ethic.
- Ability to effectively manage and prioritize multiple projects.
- Flexible and adaptable to changing priorities and new challenges.
- Strong analytical and research skills.
- Performs well under pressure in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Ability to adapt and apply new technologies and workflows.
- Ability to handle sensitive data with confidentiality and integrity.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Intellectual curiosity and willingness to take ownership of key projects.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
Benefits: Our goal is to promote a work environment in which individuals have access to the resources they need to be at their best both professionally and personally, which includes resources that encourage individuals to focus on their health and well-being. Below is a list of just some of the benefits we offer: generous paid time off; eleven paid holidays per year; time off for bereavement or jury duty; paid leave for new parents; comprehensive medical (PPO and HDHPs), dental and vision plans including coverage for domestic partners; life and AD&D insurance; short and long term disability insurance; tax-advantaged accounts for health care expenses, including FSA or HSA; FSA for dependent care; supplemental AFLAC policies for medical care; excess liability coverage; health advocacy services; behavioral health and counseling resources for all family members; 401(k); profit sharing; pre-tax transit and parking program; backup care for children and adults; senior care planning support; and resources for individuals with development disabilities and their caregivers.
Benefits may vary by position and office.
Holland & Knight is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran or any other protected class.
Personal Information collected from applicants will be used for the purpose of processing the application throughout any recruitment or employment process, as well as inclusion in a personnel file. Categories of data collected may include name, address, phone numbers, email, Social Security Number, and signature. Holland & Knight may collect further information if you consent to a background check. This includes criminal background, employment, and certifications. Please visit Legal Information Portal for Holland & Knight LLP’s privacy policies.