Holland & Knight
We are a Firm where people truly believe in what they do and strive to achieve the highest standards of performance and success.
The position will be responsible for submission of ebilled invoices via various electronic billing systems for client remittance, and to “own” the ebilled invoices until they have been successfully approved for payment. Individual will also work with eBilling Matter Maintenance team on new client implementations. Individual will be assigned to and will be responsible for managing their assigned clients with expertise. This position reports to the eBilling Supervisor.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Receive finalized invoices delivered by the Billing Specialists to be processed electronically.
- Process invoices through eBillingHub and, if necessary, upload LEDES files on ebilling vendor site.
- Own the full scope of electronic billing for assigned clients, beginning with a finalized invoice and ending with a successful approval for payment, processing appeals as needed on short paid invoices.
- Follow up on “ebilled” invoices to ensure status has not changed on ebilling vendor site.
- Manage rejected invoices for assigned clients, liaising with the Billing Specialist to resolve promptly.
- Communicate all pertinent ebilling changes to appropriate Billing Specialist and Client Accounts Representative.
- Manage and oversee client implementations for a smooth transition from paper invoices to electronic billing.
- Perform transactions, coordinate data, projects, or accounts of a highly specialized, advanced, or sensitive nature.
- Build rapport to establish and maintain solid client relationships.
- Provide general administrative assistance and support to assigned managers.
- Fulfill information requests and other inquiries from field personnel and customers.
- Work on special projects and additional duties as assigned.
- Strong technical skills including Internet Explorer, Excel, and Outlook.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks in order to meet critical deadlines.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Legal billing/ebilling experience a plus.
- Experience with Aderant billing software and/or eBillingHub a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred but may be substituted for relevant legal work experience.
In accordance with the New York City Human Rights Law, the Colorado Equal Pay Act, and the California Pay Transparency Law, the pay range for this position in New York City is $23.20 - 34.80 hourly, in Colorado is $20.20 - 30.40 hourly, and in California is $22.20 - 36.20 hourly. These ranges are specific to these three locations and may not be applicable to other locations. An individual's actual compensation will depend on the individual's qualifications and experience.
Benefits: Our goal is to promote a work environment in which individuals have access to the resources they need to be at their best both professionally and personally, which includes resources that encourage individuals to focus on their health and well-being. Below is a list of just some of the benefits we offer: generous paid time off; eleven paid holidays per year; time off for bereavement or jury duty; paid leave for new parents; comprehensive medical (PPO and HDHPs), dental and vision plans including coverage for domestic partners; life and AD&D insurance; short and long term disability insurance; tax-advantaged accounts for health care expenses, including FSA or HSA; FSA for dependent care; supplemental AFLAC policies for medical care; excess liability coverage; health advocacy services; behavioral health and counseling resources for all family members; 401(k); profit sharing; pre-tax transit and parking program; backup care for children and adults; senior care planning support; and resources for individuals with development disabilities and their caregivers.
Benefits may vary by position and office.
Holland & Knight is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran or any other protected class.
Personal Information collected from applicants will be used for the purpose of processing the application throughout any recruitment or employment process, as well as inclusion in a personnel file. Categories of data collected may include name, address, phone numbers, email, Social Security Number, and signature. Holland & Knight may collect further information if you consent to a background check. This includes criminal background, employment, and certifications. Please visit Legal Information Portal for Holland & Knight LLP’s privacy policies.