Office Services Specialist
Holland & Knight
We are a Firm where people truly believe in what they do and strive to achieve the highest standards of performance and success.
As an Office Services Specialist, you will play a role in providing constant assistance to all attorneys and staff in the daily operation of the firm and coordinate workflow under the direct supervision of Office Services Supervisor.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Sort and distribute incoming and outgoing mail.
- Process all mail collected throughout the day and deliver to main post office.
- Deliver incoming hand deliveries internally and deliver outgoing hand deliveries as requested (may require driving).
- Move boxes and files; move office equipment such as computers, typewriters and file cabinets and office furniture.
- Special projects or assistance which may include working on mass mailings, working attorney functions such as receptions or parties, etc.
- Collect and process courier packages (FedEx, UPS) and enter into the computer, preparation for pick up.
- Perform copying and binding services as necessary and maintain copies as needed
- Assist with monitoring and ordering of office supplies.
- Special projects and additional duties as assigned.
- 1-3 years’ experience; equipment maintenance and repair experience helpful.
- Good communication skills needed to effectively deal with attorneys and staff.
- Organizational skills; ability to prioritize workloads.
- Ability to remain calm under pressure and think clearly during a crisis.
- Ability to lift heavy objects.
- Ability to operate equipment such as scale and postage meter.
- Ability to train and motivate employees.
- Must be physically capable of moving boxes and or furniture weighing a minimum of 30 pounds.
- Bachelor’s Degree
Benefits: Our goal is to promote a work environment in which individuals have access to the resources they need to be at their best both professionally and personally, which includes resources that encourage individuals to focus on their health and well-being. Below is a list of just some of the benefits we offer: generous paid time off; eleven paid holidays per year; time off for bereavement or jury duty; paid leave for new parents; comprehensive medical (PPO and HDHPs), dental and vision plans including coverage for domestic partners; life and AD&D insurance; short and long term disability insurance; tax-advantaged accounts for health care expenses, including FSA or HSA; FSA for dependent care; supplemental AFLAC policies for medical care; excess liability coverage; health advocacy services; behavioral health and counseling resources for all family members; 401(k); profit sharing; pre-tax transit and parking program; backup care for children and adults; senior care planning support; and resources for individuals with development disabilities and their caregivers.
Benefits may vary by position and office.
Holland & Knight is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran or any other protected class.
Personal Information collected from applicants will be used for the purpose of processing the application throughout any recruitment or employment process, as well as inclusion in a personnel file. Categories of data collected may include name, address, phone numbers, email, Social Security Number, and signature. Holland & Knight may collect further information if you consent to a background check. This includes criminal background, employment, and certifications. Please visit Legal Information Portal for Holland & Knight LLP’s privacy policies.