VP of Product - Midnight
The VP of Product for Midnight at IOG plays a vital role in building the next generation blockchain platform. This individual will be at the forefront of taking the Midnight vision to market, help setting the strategy, transforming the existing capabilities to a scale as a successful new enterprise. The right candidate will showcase keen understanding of our customer personas, use cases, and usage patterns as well as a competitive understanding of trends and alternative solutions in the blockchain and distributed applications space. Midnight is poised to bring technical innovation and disruption to the global markets. This role will report into the CEO of Midnight.
- Manage the overall customer strategy, roadmap, release planning and execution, ensuring proper alignment and communication with business partners and customers
- Provide the vision and strategic leadership for the development of our blockchain and associated DApps (distributed apps) ecosystem
- Leveraging their expertise and experience to guide the development of product specs and designs, bringing valuable, highly differentiated and elegantly designed capabilities to market, delighting customers and users
- Oversee a product line from end-to-end, from inception and ideation through to implementation and release and manage a team of skilled Product Managers to carry out the vision.
Market & Customers
- Manage the collection, description, analysis and prioritization of requests from customers, prospects, partners, sales, and market-driven forces
- Conduct market research to understand requirements for future markets
- Build a competitive landscape understanding of the markets.
Product Strategy & Roadmap
- Manage product lifecycle from strategic planning to tactical activities, including build roadmaps, build vs. buy vs. partner, pricing, etc.
- Oversee product roadmaps based on market research and collaboration with internal and external stakeholders
- Work with operations and delivery teams to identify potential issues and prioritizing their resolution in the release plan and roadmap.
Marketing, Product Marketing and PR
- Work with marketing, design and communications to ensure successful product launches and positioning of our offerings
- Collaborate with marketing and communications teams to support development of collateral and communications to the wider market
- Attend and present at relevant conferences as required.
Technical and Cross-discipline Collaboration
- Work with Product Managers, Program Management & Engineering to ensure that features are delivered in the right sequence and meet business expectations in terms of quality, function and schedule
- Providing technical guidance in evaluating applications systems or evaluating requests for proposals
- Working in an Agile Product Development process creating well thought-out and consumable user stories.
- Hire, train, motivate and mentor product managers.
As Leaders it is our responsibility to motivate, develop and progress our fellow team members. There is a need to communicate openly with all members of your team, address any issues head on and not shy away from difficult conversations. Empowering your team to provide the best results by organizing clear processes and coordinating team efforts should be your top priority. Please read our Leadership at IO Global for more information on your duties and responsibilities as a leader at IOG
- Have strong leadership skills, be resourceful and use initiative
- Demonstrate competency with requirements elicitation, analysis/specification, verification, and management practices and applying them in practice
- Leverage strong interpersonal skills to drive innovation in product development with a team of world-class engineers and scientists
- Have exemplary people and communications skills coupled with the savvy and maturity needed to garner the respect of senior management and clients
- Have a keen interest in Blockchain technology developments and trends in the product landscape, and market/competitive developments in this space
- Engage, champion and contribute to Open Source Software communities
- Identify team objectives and KPIs to attain, and ensure their completion
- Set clear strategic guidelines and objectives for direct reports
- Be a single point of contact for coordination and decision making, as well as coordinate Product Managers activities and priorities
- Speak clearly and persuasively in all situations, conduct effective presentations and productive meetings involving various internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, along with strong quantitative analysis skills
- A strong team player, results oriented, metrics driven and capable of working in a fast paced, changing environment.
Education / Experience
- Experience as a Chief Product Officer and/or Product Management leader
- Product Management certification is a plus (CPM, AIPMM)
- Experience in B2B regulated markets (e.g. financial service, healthcare, government) building enterprise grade software products
- A background in distributed computing and experience with blockchain technologies
- Experience working in an Agile environment and leading highly technical engineering teams
- Experience implementing processes to define metrics and measure the success of products that are launched
- Experience working with software development and marketing teams, preferably in regulated markets (such as fintech)
- Proven ability in developing productive relationships with a variety of levels and roles and managing user expectations effectively.
IOG is a distributed organization and therefore this is a remote position. Due to team distribution, we are ideally searching for someone in the United States OR Ireland / UK.
The base salary for this position has a range of $230k up to $340k per year at the commencement of employment. Any offer is determined by overall experience and performance during the interview process. This is only part of the total compensation package.
- Flexible schedule
- Laptop reimbursement
- New starter package to buy hardware essentials (headphones, monitor, etc)
- Learning & Development Opportunities
- Competitive PTO and Sick Leave plan
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits coverage through Anthem for the employee and dependents
- Health Savings Account
- Life Insurance
UK & Irish Employees
- Monthly Health Stipend to use towards any wellness or medical coverage/service
At IOG, we value diversity and always treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Something looks off?