Head of People Engagement
As our Head of People Engagement, you will be responsible for overseeing the implementation of meaningful programs and developing strategies to ensure IOG attracts, retains and develops top talent. In this role you’ll be partnering directly with our leadership team to support our rapidly growing teams and you will be hands-on in the design, implementation and evaluation of the people strategy ensuring it can deliver at scale and will establish an innovative and agile culture of high performance; driving maximal impact on all individuals throughout the whole of the company. This role is core in executing people initiatives, defining culture and driving people to L & D programs and process improvement.
Your mission will be to provide leadership, guidance, mentorship and coaching to teams, within the HR function, that are responsible for people engagement, culture and development whilst also providing critical guidance to key stakeholders across all business units.
- Manage and lead the HR BP team, L&D team and Culture team.
- Work in partnership with others in the people leadership team to deliver on the People Strategy for 2023.
- Design and implement employee development programs that enhance employee skills, engagement, and retention, including learning and development programs that promote a culture of continuous learning and growth.
- Lead by example and foster positive and engaged teams
- Build relationships rooted in trust using open, honest, and direct communication which is grounded in proactive empathy.
- Support the business change initiatives - represent all large scale change initiatives - from evolution to execution through the lens of the People function.
- Partner with Comp and Benefits to make sure we have a unified approach to reward and recognition globally.
- Partner with the People Ops team to implement and improve People processes / technology to support a globally distributed, scaling team.
- Measure levels of engagement across all teams and initiate programs to value and help people feel good as a professional and as an individual.
- Implement a powerful leadership culture and help build high performance teams.
- Provide impactful partnership, support, and coaching to all levels enabling high performing diverse and inclusive teams.
- Manage all people relations, including investigating and resolving complaints and grievances.
- Above all else, lead by example and invest in the success of the people in your teams.
- Maintain confidentiality, prioritize and work under pressure in an organized and efficient professional manner.
- Ability to lead a team through business change initiatives and build and maintain a positive workplace culture.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and leadership skills.
- Flexibility to adapt to the changing needs of the business.
- Strong problem-solving and decision-making skills - ability to make clear and timely decisions in complex situations.
- Discretion, tact, ability to maintain trust and confidentiality at all times.
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- The ability to deal with ambiguity and work independently to achieve results with a high degree of accuracy.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal).
Qualifications / Experience
- 10+ years of progressive HR experience, including 5+ years of experience in a leadership role.
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources or related field, Master's degree preferred.
- Experience managing and leading a HR team.
- Experience partnering with multiple executive teams and leading a team in a multi-subsidiary environment is highly desired.
- Strong technical knowledge of systems and how to use / troubleshoot issues.
- Reacts with appropriate urgency to situations and events that require quick response.
- Extensive experience of working with Google Slides, Docs, Sheets, Mail, Calendar, Jira.
IOG is a fully distributed organization but due to team distribution, we require someone to be based either in Ireland or the UK.
- Flexible schedule
- Remote work
- Laptop reimbursement
- New starter package to buy hardware essentials (headphones, monitor, etc)
- Learning & Development opportunities
- Competitive PTO and Sick Leave plan
UK & Ireland Employees
- Monthly Health Stipend to use towards any wellness or medical coverage/service
At IOG, we value diversity and always treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Something looks off?