Scrum Master - Midnight
We are looking for a talented Scrum Master who will be a key contributor on the Midnight team developing leading edge technology in one of the most exciting fields in the world.
Midnight is a regulatory-friendly data protection-based blockchain that safeguards sensitive commercial and personal data. Midnight protects fundamental freedoms of association, commerce, and expression for developers, companies, and individuals. Midnight use cases utilize a novel data protection-first programming model and ZK proofs while operating as a Cardano sidechain.
As Scrum Master, you will support Midnight’s engineering and product teams to deliver on the project goals and initiatives. You will ensure the Scrum process is understood and followed by leading the team through Scrum activities including planning, execution, and monitoring through project completion. You will be an advocate for the team, charged with balancing delivery timelines and scope with team capacity. This role will report into Midnight’s Head of Delivery.
- Guides and coaches the Scrum Team on how to use Agile practices and principles as defined within the scrum guide promoting the team's ability to deliver high quality products and services to our customers.
- Assesses the Scrum maturity of the team and coaches them towards becoming a self-managed team.
- Work with the organization to build a trusting and safe environment where problems can be raised without fear of blame, retribution, or judgment, with an emphasis on healing and problem solving.
- Work with relevant parties to remove any reported impediments that obstruct a development team's ability to work well together and deliver valuable software.
- Notice differences and issues as they arise, and first attempt to facilitate a resolution among the affected team(s) before elevating issues to management.
- Work, collaborate, and communicate effectively, internally and externally, improving transparency and sharing information.
- Coordinate sprints, retrospective meetings, and daily stand-ups.
- Assist Product Owners and the teams with Product Release planning.
- Work with Product Owners and the team to constantly prioritize the backlog in order for the most valuable features to meet deadlines.
- Ensure deliverables are up to quality standards at the end of each sprint.
- Support and educate the Product Owner, especially with respect to grooming and maintaining the product backlog and release plan.
- Improve personal skills, continually learning new tools and techniques to manage oneself as well as help improve the team.
- Protect the team from outside interruptions and distractions.
- Prior experience in a scrum master role
- Familiarity with software development including Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment processes
- Excellent knowledge of Scrum techniques and artifacts (such as definition of done, user stories, automated testing, backlog refinement)
- Good knowledge of other Agile frameworks (Kanban, XP etc.)
- Excellent communication and servant leadership skills
- Problem-solving and conflict-resolution ability
- Outstanding organizational skills
Education / Experience
- Blockchain Development experience a plus
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Sciences or similar field
Applicants with a depth of industry experience will be considered
- Scrum master certification
- Proficient with Agile software (e.g. JIRA)
- Knowledge and understanding of SDLC (but you are not required to have hands-on involvement).
IOG is a fully distributed organization but due to team distribution, we require someone to be based either in Ireland or the UK.
- Flexible schedule
- Remote work – ability to work anywhere
- Laptop reimbursement
- New starter package to buy hardware essentials (headphones, monitor, etc)
- Learning & Development opportunities
- Competitive PTO and Sick Leave plan
UK & Ireland Employees
- Monthly Health Stipend to use towards any wellness or medical coverage/service
At IOG, we value diversity and always treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Something looks off?