Data Engineer - Azure
The reporting team's mission is to provide real-time information to all key stakeholders to enable them to make data backed decisions in a timely manner.
As an Azure certified (DP-203) Data Engineer at IOG, you are responsible for the design, health, and performance of IOG's key data pipelines in the Enterprise Reporting Solution (‘ERS’). You will be working within a Scrum team of 5 people, delivering with an Agile approach providing incremental reporting product inputs on a 2 week sprint basis. You will be liaising with all of the Departments and Tribes of the company, which will provide you the 360 degree view of how the entire organization functions. This will also position yourself in a key role that will allow you to provide operational improvements and suggestions up to the C-level.
- Recommend and where appropriate implement ways to improve data reliability, efficiency, and quality.
- Lead architecture design and implementation of next generation BI solutions for decision making and product management.
- Build robust and scalable data integration (ETL) pipelines using mainly Azure technologies.
- Build and deliver high quality data architecture to support business analysis, data scientists, customer solutions and customer reporting needs.
- Interface with other technology teams to extract, transform, and load data from a wide variety of data sources.
- Continually improve ongoing reporting and analysis processes, automating or simplifying self-service support for customers.
- Structure large data sets to find usable information
- Effectively collaborate with a team of analysts and other associates to process information
- Regularly deliver technical presentations, and reports based on recommendations and findings, within the ICT department
- Excellent reading and writing communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Team oriented and collaborative
- Ability to present findings in a structured, clear manner with actionable insights
- Understanding of AGILE/Scrum methodologies
- Working knowledge of JIRA to track workloads and tie into sprint plans
- Experience working in an enterprise org and dealing with C-level stakeholders
- Excellent oral and written communication skills for translating data insights into concise executive summaries and presentations
- A true self-starter, hungry to learn and grow as part of a dynamic start-up
- Knowledge of security, GDPR and PII data handling principles
Education / Experience
- Experience with cloud solution patterns such as microservices, messaging, distributed caching, containers, IAM etc.)
- Bachelor's degree or higher in a quantitative/technical field (e.g. Computer Science, Statistics, Engineering)
- Azure Cloud certified (DP-203) with a good understanding of data flows, Azure functions
- 3+ years of relevant experience in one of the following areas: Data engineering, database engineering
- Demonstrable experience on PowerApps (PL-900, PL-400, PL-100 & MB-600 certification preferable)
- Power Platform fundamentals
- 3+ years of experience using scripting languages: Python, C#
- 3+ years of hands-on experience in writing complex, highly-optimized SQL queries across large data sets
- Experience creating Power Automate flows utilizing connectors to Dataverse. Utilizing Dataverse triggers, scheduling flows
- PowerApps, ability to design both front end and back end. Structuring and building the infrastructure of the application, managing entities, forms, views, business rules, calculated columns
- Demonstrated strength in data modeling, ETL development, and Data warehousing.
- Experience with Big Data Technologies.
- Knowledge of distributed systems as it pertains to data storage and computing
IOG is a distributed organization and therefore this is a remote position. Due to team distribution, we are ideally searching for someone in Ireland or the UK.
- Flexible schedule
- Remote work – ability to work anywhere
- Laptop reimbursement
- New starter package to buy hardware essentials (headphones, monitor, etc)
- Learning & Development opportunities
- Competitive PTO and Sick Leave plan
UK & Ireland Employees
- Monthly Health Stipend to use towards any wellness or medical coverage/service
At IOG, we value diversity and always treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Something looks off?