Head of Technical Architecture - Wallets
As Head of Architecture for Wallets at IOG you will be responsible for leading all technical architecture aspects of the wallet projects. You will lead a team of Technical Architects delivering foundational components and tools for the IOG blockchain, identity, and DiFi Ecosystem. Additionally, you will work closely with the Wallets leadership to define and deliver future capability. You will report to the Director of Architecture and Infrastructure.
This is a leadership role in IOG where you can shape the company's direction as we expand to take on more commercial opportunities. With a comprehensive overview of technical aspects of IOGs products, this position will give you, you may assist the communications department when they convey technical information to our customers and community.
As Head of Architecture for Wallets, you will be responsible for leading the architecture of the IOG Wallets, including multiple deployment targets, multiple value-added services, and novel Web3 capability to decentralize our user’s tools. You and your team will work closely with research, product management, and engineering to develop next-generation architectures and components that are modular and reusable by members of the IOG Ecosystem.
As IOG continues to grow, it is expected that your team will too. You and your team will assist researchers by providing simulations, prototypes, and feedback on feasibility. They will also work with product management to capture and formalize requirements, produce specifications, develop an architecture and work closely with engineering leads to turn the architecture into a production system.
- Lead and build an outstanding team of Wallet Technical Architects.
- Contribute to architectural decisions and the design of solutions to ensure the technical feasibility of IOG Wallet solutions.
- Contribute expertise to assist in the architectural design, development, implementation, and testing of IOG Wallet solutions..
- Define processes for the team to
- Ensure knowledge sharing between projects and teams
- Ensure that architectural work can be reused across projects as much as possible
- Define and implement best practices for architecture specifications
- Define recommendations for support infrastructure for our projects
- Coordinate with all other departments, in particular Product, IT and Research, and address their requirements
- Integrate technical trends reports and prototypes developed internally
- Align with the department of Formal Methods to ensure that best practices are followed for implementing formally verified architecture when beneficial
- Coordinate with the Applied Cryptography department to ensure that architecture are cryptographically secure and reuse state of the art technologies
- Work closely with the Research Division to forecast the technologies to be integrated in future architecture
- Work closely with the Product Division in order to ensure architecture can meet negotiated business requirements and support the development of a consumable backlog of features derived from the architecture.
- Work closely with the Product Management, Project Management, Site Reliability Engineers, and Executive teams to deliver the product roadmap.
As Leaders, we are responsible for hiring, developing, and progressing our fellow team members. As a Leader, there is a need to communicate openly with all team members, address any issues head-on and not shy away from difficult conversations.
Empowering your team to provide the best results by organizing clear processes and coordinating team efforts should be your top priority.
Please read our Leadership at IO Global document for more information on your duties and responsibilities as a leader at IOG.
- Excellent leadership and communication skills
- Technical architecture oversight
- Functional programming experience
- Open-minded and horizontal team management
- Ability to define, negotiate and execute on a roadmap
- Ability to read, understand and contribute to academic/research publications
- Ability to design and comprehend state-of-the-art blockchain architecture
- Ability to comprehend and integrate bleeding-edge cryptographic primitives and formal methods
- Vast knowledge and expertise in distributed systems engineering and blockchain systems architecture
Recommended Education and Experience
- Engineering Graduate or PhD degree
- 10+ years of experience in the software industry
- 5+ years of experience developing technical architecture
- 5+ years experience with functional programming
- 5+ years in the crypto/blockchain industry
- Experience working with remote teams
- Experience mentoring, coaching, and developing rising technical talent
IOG is a distributed organization and therefore this is a remote position. Due to team distribution, we are ideally searching for someone in Ireland or the UK.
- Flexible schedule
- Laptop reimbursement
- New starter package to buy hardware essentials (headphones, monitor, etc)
- Learning & Development Opportunities
- Competitive PTO and Sick Leave plan
UK and Ireland Employees
- Monthly Health Stipend to use towards any wellness or medical coverage/service
At IOG, we value diversity and always treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Something looks off?