General Manager - Lace - Web3 Wallet
At IOHK, we value talented, well rounded, professional and ethical management that can operate within our core delivery operations, as well as more independently in one of our subsidiaries.
You will be responsible for delivery and general management of multichain Web3 wallet offering customers access to regulated finance opportunities. The General Manager will have full P&L responsibility and have the unique ability to build a large segment of business for a fast growing company. You will be responsible for leading high growth strategy including managing strategic partnerships to onboard millions of users to the wallet. You will refine the monetization strategy and develop an offering for institutional DEFI. This will include partnerships and integration of multiple yield generation offerings for Regulated Finance.
The role includes direct management of engineering, product management, design, marketing, and business development and will work across all major functions. Your role will also be to motivate the team, manage the budget, explore select alternatives, leverage shared services appropriately and oversee the delivery of the value propositions to customers, including developers, enterprise customers and consumers. A critical aspect of the role will be to drive cross product synergies to exact value and build a unique and differentiated wallet.
We are a decentralized organization. This means you will be a remote worker using technology to keep in contact with your teams. The General Manager of Web 3 Wallet will work closely with all of the IOHK leadership team to ensure you deliver technology across the product lifecycle, to the highest standard and meeting customer needs.
Your unit will have one anchor product as well as associated developer and application products.
- Understand and shape the strategic direction of the business unit within the context of the company strategy to execute the timely and effective delivery of your business unit’s products and services
- Be fully accountability for financial performance across Triple Returns (revenues, adoption, reputation) and margin/expenditures, including such tasks as forecasting, variance reporting, budgeting and capacity demand
- Develop a growth strategy, including go to market strategies, partnerships programs and countermeasure plans to achieve overall revenue targets and market share goals
- Promote a fail-fast, agile culture throughout the business unit and ensure clear accountability for adherence to company standards and methods
- Embed data driven decision making & prioritization across the business unit
- Provide accurate measurement of delivery and business unit progress by tracking business outcomes, implementing OKRs and facilitating product roadmaps & backlogs
- Coordinate efforts and share insights with shared services and other business units to eliminate impediments
- Approve and defend a set of program increment (PI) plans
- Build and maintain strong relationships with key customers and partners
- Build, grow and lead a team of exceptional people ranging from research to product marketing
- Represent the company at media engagements, conferences, industry forums, and networking events.
- BS in Computer Science or related field, MBA preferred
- 10+ years+ previous demonstrated experience in successful leadership of software product development and delivery (Agile & program management)
- 7+ years+ budget management and P&L level responsibilities
- Experience working in a heavily regulated and very competitive industry coupled with experience liaising with relevant regulatory bodies. Good understanding of the EU / US regulatory landscape for financial services
- Experience working in disruptive technology, successfully launching products, ideally, within FinTech, eCommerce, SaaS, AdTech, or Digital Wallet business experience
- Experience in managing business operations for a financial services or FinTech company (ideally as a Managing Director, General Manager or COO).
- Good understanding of how the various functions of a regulated financial services business operate (e.g. Compliance, IT, Finance, Risk, Audit)
- Experience in developing products for emerging markets, ideally Africa
- Experience in the blockchain industry is a plus. You understand how speculators, traders, digital asset exchanges, blockchain money services businesses and financial institutions operate.
- Proven track record of defining the strategy through to successful execution
- 5 years+ of demonstrated executive and customer leadership communications and/or raising capital
- 3 years+ in start-up leadership a plus
IOG is a distributed organization and therefore this is a remote position. Due to team distribution, we are ideally searching for someone in Ireland or the UK.
- Flexible schedule
- Laptop reimbursement
- New starter package to buy hardware essentials (headphones, monitor, etc)
- Learning & Development Opportunities
- Competitive PTO and Sick Leave plan
UK and Ireland Employees
- Monthly Health Stipend to use towards any wellness or medical coverage/service
At IOG, we value diversity and always treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Something looks off?