Quality Assurance Software Engineer - MoE/Educational DID
As Software Engineer in Test, Quality Assurance at IOG, you are responsible for software testing design, planning, scripting and execution across all releases from the Educational DID solution up to the Cardano Platform. Working closely with developers, project managers, network engineers and other stakeholders throughout the SDLC, executing test iterations, tracking / reporting results, troubleshooting and coordinating defect resolution.
With a strong understanding of SDLC processes and the QA lifecycle, you play a key role in development projects and are responsible for defining, tracking, coordinating and conducting tests before product launches to ensure software runs smoothly and meets client needs.
You carry out Quality Assurance reviews of a state of the art Educational DID solution, already deployed and live for one client, and a full strategy definition and implementation for the solution to be improved and developed as a Product, to reach a white label model at a later stage.
- Collaborate with product management, project management and development teams to develop testing objectives
- Review and analyze system specifications
- Design and create test conditions and scripts to address business and technical use cases
- Use existing tools and techniques to execute test cases and build/script new tools for performing testing/validation function
- Execute automated test suites and analyze test results
- Participate in troubleshooting and triaging of issues with different teams to drive towards root cause identification and resolution
- Document, track and escalate issues as appropriate
- Support production deployment of applications and perform “validation testing” during the off-hours maintenance windows
- Support technical services as escalation points for reported bugs.
- High attention to detail and quality oriented
- Curious and consistently seeks to learn new technology
- Strong analytical skills
- Good communication and people skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Work autonomously with minimal supervision
- Strong documentation skills
- Customer oriented and Userfriendly oriented mindset
Education / Experience
- Higher degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics, logic, physics, or a related subject (Bachelor or Above)
- Minimum of 2 to 3 years’ experience in Automated Testing
- Performance and Security testing experience would be a plus
- Experience in test automation and setting up a new framework
- Experience of API and end-to-end testing
- Experience with at least one of the JVM-based languages (Java, Kotlin, and/or Scala)
- Experience with relational based databases, preferred Postgresql
- Experience in distributed systems and network would be beneficial
- Experience working in an Agile setup (Scrum, Kanban)
- Experience of software engineering best practices and of testing methodologies, ideally ISTQB or ISEB certified.
- Expertise in libraries, tools and procedures for the execution and automation of various types of tests (e.g. unit tests, property tests, integration tests, end-to-end tests, UI tests, performance tests, stress tests, fault tolerance tests).
- Experience with a programming language such as TypeScript would be advantageous, but we will also consider experience with Python, Java or C#.
- Experience of setting up an Automation framework using WebdriverIO or similar.
- Blockchain Development experience is preferable but relevant technical experience is also considered, i.e. you’ve worked in highly technical environments and have the ability to pick up new concepts and processes.
- Experience with Virtualization – VMWare, Hyper-V
- Experience with Linux, NIX appreciated
- Experience with Git
- Experience with continuous integration (CI)
- Experience with continuous deployment (CD)
IOG is a fully distributed organization, and therefore, this is a remote position. Due to team distribution, we are ideally searching for someone based in Ethiopia or Kenya.
- Flexible schedule
- Laptop reimbursement
- New starter package to buy hardware essentials (headphones, monitor, etc)
- Learning & Development Opportunities
- Competitive PTO and Sick Leave plan
At IOG, we value diversity and always treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Something looks off?