Developer Experience Engineer (Smart Contracts)
There comes a point in the life of every engineer where they find themselves gnashing their teeth at the inefficiency and awkwardness of their build and development tooling. Most of us just grit our teeth and ignore it, but there’s something very satisfying about actually oiling the gears so they work properly. If the idea of being a real force multiplier for your team makes you feel proud, then come and help us make our development tooling world-class!
As a DevX Engineer you are in charge of ensuring that our development teams are happy, effective, and productive. This involves using, creating, and configuring a variety of tools and frameworks to make development easier, all the way from writing the software to building and preparing it for deployment. You will also focus on administration of the source control system. You work closely with the developers, the QA managers and the SRE team in order to define, improve and maintain our software delivery process.
- Create, maintain, document, and optimize automated build processes
- Create and maintain internal tools to support development or build workflows, including advanced systems to improve our build and development processes across the organization.
- Work with the development team to set up and maintain functional and effective development build environment
- Support the QA team in the definition of continuous testing processes and validation pipelines
- Support the needs of the SRE team and contribute to the definition of a reliable continuous integration pipelines
- Contribute to the administration of the source version control system and to managing users, groups, permissions, and general instance configuration of the source control
- Experience with any of the following is desirable:
- Hydra / Hercules / Zeus
- Github Actions
- Enjoy working with a variety of functional teams and helping them with diverse problems
- Enjoy being a “force multiplier” for other groups
- [for teams that use it - Cardano, Midnight and Mamba ]Nix experience ([Mamba/Midnight/Catalyst/EAS/ERC20] Experience with nomad and cue language desirable
- Scala: understanding the underlying build pieces for the JVM ecosystem and number of Scala build tools (SBT, mill) is desirable
- (Desirable) Unix system administration experience
- (Desirable) Experience working in internal tooling teams or SRE/devops previously (Desirable For Cardano only) A year of working with Nix in some professional capacity (but we will train people if they don’t have experience)
IOG is a fully distributed organization, and therefore, this is a remote position. Due to team distribution, we are ideally searching for someone in Ireland or the UK.
- Flexible schedule
- Laptop reimbursement
- New starter package to buy hardware essentials (headphones, monitor, etc)
- Learning & Development Opportunities
- Competitive PTO and Sick Leave plan
- Monthly Health Stipend to use towards any wellness or medical coverage/service
At IOG, we value diversity and always treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Something looks off?