Developer Relations Lead - Midnight
The Developer Relations Lead at Midnight plays a crucial role in building and nurturing the next-generation blockchain platform focused on confidentiality and security. The role entails helping developers design and build distributed applications (DApps) on the Midnight blockchain. The ideal candidate will possess a blend of blockchain technical expertise, SW development skills, community-engagement acumen, and mentoring prowess. Adept at coding and passionate about exploring new technologies, this individual will share their experience and knowledge with others to foster innovation. This role will report to the Head of Architecture.
- Champion engagement and education for the developer community, helping them learn and build Midnight DApps and ecosystem elements
- Oversee and contribute to the production of engaging and impactful Midnight training content to explain these concepts to everyday users
- Establish a responsive and supportive developer support system, including technical support via various channels and access to developer evangelists
- Help drive awareness, activation, engagement, and retention among the developer community to grow and maintain a thriving Midnight ecosystem.
- Channel the evolving needs of DApp developers into creative improvements for the Midnight platform and tools, ensuring excellent usability, continuous improvement, and ongoing responsiveness to our community.
- Study the marketplace to understand market players and trends, identify educational trends and needs, and select optimal delivery channels
- Create a roadmap outlining short- and long-term education plan, and align this with go-to-market strategy and developer community building activities
- Identify certification goals for various types of training and identify and explore the opportunity for accreditation for educational courses
- Collaborate closely with the product, engineering, and marketing teams to ensure seamless communication and alignment
Content & Knowledge
- Oversee the creation of educational/training materials to create topic mastery for Midnight staff and for external courses
- Ensure the technical documentation is clear, concise, and comprehensive, covering all aspects necessary for developers to build and deploy DApps on the Midnight platform
- Continuously work with the product/tech teams to supplement your teaching knowledge and ensure your skills and content remain relevant
- Design, coordinate, and administer external training with a regular cadence, as well as internal training at company events/workshops
- Select and master educational delivery channels and platforms including professional training platforms (e.g. Udemy, Coursera), MOOC channels, or social media (e.g. Youtube, Podcasts, etc)
- Regularly solicit developer feedback through surveys, user testing, and feedback forums to identify areas of improvement
- Organize and participate in face-to-face events, such as meetups, hackathons, and conferences, to facilitate knowledge sharing, and relationship building.
- Hire, train, motivate, mentor, and lead a growing team of developer relations experts.
As leaders, it is our responsibility to motivate, develop and progress our fellow team members. There is a need to communicate openly with all members of your team, address any issues head-on, and not shy away from difficult conversations. Empowering your team to provide the best results by organizing clear processes and coordinating team efforts should be your top priority. Please read our Leadership at IO Global for more information on your duties and responsibilities as a leader at IOG.
- Tech Skills: A polyglot engineer with broad knowledge of diverse dev environments and experience writing SDKs, client libraries, or other dev tools
- Communications: Possesses professional empathy and excellent interpersonal skills to communicate effectively and relate to others in written and verbal forms, able to establish cross-team relationships
- Collaborative: Persuasive and skilled in lobbying and driving consensus, with an analytical and data-driven approach to building/nurturing communities
- Results-Oriented: Delivers measurable results, turning abstract concepts into tangible outcomes
- Servant Leadership: Possesses a servant leader mindset that prioritizes the growth and well-being of team members, empowering them to perform at their best and create a culture of trust, collaboration, and accountability.
Education / Experience
- Education: A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a related field
- Experience: 5+ years of experience in Developer Relations, Developer Experience, or Technical Advocacy, with direct experience having built and led successful technical teams. Demonstrated experience in the blockchain/Web3
- Tech Skills: Demonstrated ability to explain technical concepts and problems in plain English, with experience working with a variety of dev environments and languages, and a passion for making developers satisfied and happy. Ability to master new and unfamiliar technologies and paradigms with limited community or documentation. Familiarity and proficiency with agile methodology, Jira, and leading sprints
- Analytical Skills: An analytical and data-driven approach to building and nurturing developer communities, with demonstrated experience in improving developer experience, documentation, and tools.
IOG is a distributed organization and therefore this is a remote position. Due to team distribution, we are ideally searching for someone in the United States (East Coast) OR UK / Ireland.
The base salary for this position has a range of $125k up to $180k per year at the commencement of employment. Any offer is determined by overall experience and performance during the interview process. This is only part of the total compensation package.
- Flexible schedule
- Laptop reimbursement
- New starter package to buy hardware essentials (headphones, monitor, etc)
- Learning & Development Opportunities
- Competitive PTO and Sick Leave plan
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits coverage through Anthem for the employee and dependents
- Health Savings Account
- Life Insurance
UK & Irish Employees
- Monthly Health Stipend to use towards any wellness or medical coverage/service
At IOG, we value diversity and always treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Something looks off?