Head of Delivery (Lace)
Are you ready to embark upon one of the most exciting professional journeys of your career?
At IO Global, our vision is to build the systems of the world for everyone, everywhere.
What does that mean? It means we are obsessed with making the impossible possible, and are always searching for the most ambitious, imaginative and passionate people across the world to join our team.
As Head of Delivery you will be responsible for the delivery from the Tribe. You will work closely with the Head of Technology and Head of Product to ensure budgets and timelines are agreed upon and communicated to senior stakeholders. You will work to lead the team through PI Planning events and supporting the Tribe's delivery by working with senior stakeholders to remove blockers. You will support the tribe on the lean and agile best practices to support the process of “What” we deliver and “How” we deliver.
- Manage the Tribe's budget, ensuring clear communications of current status
- Support the continuous improvement of the Tribe’s delivery by working closely with the Chapter Director on the delivery methodology
- Line management, coaching and mentoring scrum masters
- Professional development of chapter members to grow their capabilities
- Hiring of new members to the chapter to meet needs
- Communication of the activities within the chapter to the rest of the company
- Understand and plan Tribe hiring needs and ongoing capacity management
- Setting out yearly objectives for the chapter and individual members
- Constantly monitor and report on progress to all stakeholders
- Collate and present reports defining progress, problems and solutions
- Manage the RAID Log (Risks, Actions, Issues and Dependencies (we use Decisions here), update with all tribe actions coordinate with individuals and teams on status of all items.
- Relentlessly practice continuous improvement on technology, process and people.
- Motivate, develop and progress members of the Tribe.
- Create autonomy, mastery and purpose
- Communicate openly with all members of the Tribe and address issues in a timely manner
- Empowering your Tribe to provide the best results by organizing clear processes and coordinating team efforts
- Work with the Talent Acquisition team to attract the best talent
- Be the coach and mentor for all Tribe Delivery members, providing guidance when needed on lean and agile best practices
- SAFe, Flow, Scrum and other Agile and Lean best practices (ie: mob programming, XP, Kanban etc.)
- Coaching and mentoring
- Expert in SDLC and familiarity with CI/CD
- Problem-solving and conflict-resolution ability
- Excellent communication, negotiation and servant leadership skills
- Systems thinking
- Excellent leadership and communication skills
- Experience in creating teams that are built to last
- Bachelor’s degree in technology or another relevant field
- Extensive software delivery experience
- Proven experience in the deployment and management of a company’s delivery methodology
- Experience in line management of Scrum Masters
- Experience in using multiple frameworks and practices
- Proven experience of performance reporting and budget management
IOG is a fully distributed organization, and therefore, this is a remote position. Due to team distribution, we are ideally searching for someone in the UK or Ireland.
- Flexible schedule
- Laptop reimbursement
- New starter package to buy hardware essentials (headphones, monitor, etc)
- Learning & Development Opportunities
- Competitive PTO and Sick Leave plan
UK and Ireland Employees
- Monthly Health Stipend to use towards any wellness or medical coverage/service
At IOG, we value diversity and always treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Something looks off?