Developer Relations Lead
Join our team and help drive the Web3 revolution in innovation and how people organize! As a Developer Relations Lead, you will play a critical role in empowering technical communities around our products, driving innovation, and building organizational value in the blockchain and Web3 ecosystems.
Web3 represents a paradigm shift in how people organize, where decentralized systems and blockchain technology allow for new forms of collaboration, trust, and ownership. As a key member of IOG’s Community Chapter, you will lead a remote team of developer advocates and technical community managers across a number of products to engage, support, and empower developers and co-create business value. We are looking for a leader who can motivate, develop and progress their team members and create a culture of trust, collaboration, and accountability.
You will be technically adept with a coding background while also being a good listener and strong communicator, with demonstrable experience in delivering compelling and effective engagement strategies.
- Own and execute the developer relations strategy to support the growth of IOG’s technical communities.
- Drive the delivery of best-in-class developer documentation and tools in collaboration with education, tech writing, and engineering teams while driving and supporting community contributions.
- Collaborate with colleagues and sponsors to deliver external hackathons, meetups, and events.
- Manage and enhance developer community channels to maximize their value to developers.
- Capture, analyze, and share relevant developer insights with the product and engineering teams to support product innovation and growth.
- Collaborate with marketing and product teams to launch new services, features, and enhancements.
- Support Cardano working groups to ensure feedback is shared with key stakeholders.
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or a related field.
- 5+ years of experience in Developer Relations, Developer Experience, or Technical Advocacy, with direct experience having built and led successful technical teams.
- Demonstrated experience in the blockchain and Web3 ecosystems with a holistic understanding of the economics of these ecosystems.
- Demonstrated ability to explain technical concepts and problems in plain English, with experience working with a variety of development environments and languages and a passion for making developers satisfied and happy.
- Familiarity and proficiency with agile methodology, Jira, and leading sprints.
- An analytical and data-driven approach to building and nurturing developer communities, with demonstrated experience in improving developer experience, documentation, and tools.
IOG is a distributed organization and therefore this is a remote position.
- Flexible schedule
- Laptop reimbursement
- New starter package to buy hardware essentials (headphones, monitor, etc)
- Learning & Development Opportunities
- Competitive PTO and Sick Leave plan
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits coverage through Anthem for the employee and dependents
- Health Savings Account
- Life Insurance
- Monthly Health Stipend to use towards any wellness or medical coverage/service
Something looks off?