Software Engineer (Haskell Network Performance)
As a Software Engineer at IOG you are responsible for writing high-quality code for our products. You have the exciting challenge of working with cutting-edge research and technology with a focus on the market's needs. To support you on this challenge, our products have software architects, product managers, project managers, formal methods specialists and QA test engineers, with whom you must communicate professionally, effectively and efficiently.
The Networking Team is looking for a network engineer with experience in performance monitoring of distributed systems who also has experience writing Haskell. The successful candidate will lead IOG effort: designing and delivering performance & monitoring tools for the Cardano distributed system; work with stakeholders such as SPOs, exchanges, and internal projects, etc; coordinate development both internal and external related to performance monitoring. The role will be supported by the IOG networking experts and will also have a chance to influence how Cardano networking stack develops in the future.
- Degree in Computer Science is desirable but not essential
- A minimum of 2-3 years development experience using Haskell
- Experience working with Git and Git workflow
- Practical experience with Agile software development methods
- Knowledge of functional and object-oriented programming paradigms
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience profiling Haskell systems
- Good understanding of Quickcheck/Hedgehog and property testing.
- Good understanding of concurrent programming / concurrency.
- Good understanding of call-by-need, memoization and lazy evaluation.
- Experience in monitoring of network performance of distributed systems
- Extensive knowledge of TCP/IP protocol
- Practice of carrying analysis & monitoring of network applications
- Experience in using data analytical skills to convey performance characteristics to stakeholders
IOG is a distributed organization and therefore this is a remote position. Due to team distribution, we are ideally looking for someone in a GMT time zone.
- Flexible schedule
- Laptop reimbursement
- New starter package to buy hardware essentials (headphones, monitor, etc)
- Learning & Development Opportunities
- Competitive PTO and Sick Leave plan
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits coverage through Anthem for the employee and dependents
- Health Savings Account
- Life Insurance
- Monthly Health Stipend to use towards any wellness or medical coverage/service
Something looks off?