Compliance Partner - People Operations
The Compliance Partner is responsible for supporting functional, jurisdictional and subject matter expertise within the area of employee relations as well as providing coaching, mentorship and guidance on a broad range of complex and sensitive issues.
The Compliance Partner serves as a critical issue point and works closely with our legal team, people team and C Suite team. In this role, you will be a key contributor in streamlining and standardizing our policies and practices to enable the people team to be more effective in communicating change across the business.
- Supports company-wide restructures and manages new entity set ups.
- Works together with the legal team to communicate the requirements associated with all applicable HR-related legal/regulatory and compliance programs
- Handles highly sensitive escalations in a confidential, empathetic and fair manner whilst ensuring minimal litigation and reputational risk.
- First point of contact for grievances, disciplinary processes, PIPs - manages all steps in a legally compliant way.
- Ensures managers are upskilled to collaborate with people in a fair and effective manner
- Work closely with legal to draft policy, process and procedure to improve on the compliance posture of the organization
- Stay up to date on all employee-related legislative and regulatory changes and/or developments, and ensure changes to rules and regulations are restructured with HR systems, policies, articles, and practices
- Work closely with our L&D team in preparing, designing and delivering compliance-related training and communications to employees
- Conduct employee-related investigations as directed by the stakeholders.
- Create a case management system to track all sensitive data.
- Responsible for the maintenance of OSHA and company-mandated reports on all accidents, injuries, and illnesses.
- Discreetly handle sensitive employee reports or information.
- Manage and deliver reports that ensure visibility for Senior Management and HR leadership team.
- Carry out regular internal audits of internal processes.
- Carry out regular internal audits of all compliance team files.
- Excellent interpersonal communications skills and the ability to communicate concerns and issues in a diplomatic manner that does not cause offense or cause issues to escalate.
- Maintain professional and positive interactions with others and be able to establish professional relationships.
- Excellent interpretation, influencing and communication skills.
- Aptitude for analytical, creative thinking and problem solving.
- The ability to work with changing priorities work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Keen eye for detail, who will not settle for mediocre work.
- A high standard of oral and written communication skills.
- Eager to work in a collaborative environment to support high-volume output.
- Ability to adapt to word-processing and communications technologies (Google docs and G-suite tools, Slack, email).
- Extensive experience in the application of compliance policies and procedures
- Solid understanding of global employment laws and regulations
- Shows willingness to learn and broaden legal knowledge
- Proven ability to design processes and programs that align with the operations of the business
- Proven experience in managing new entity programmes
IOG is a fully distributed organization but due to team distribution, we require someone to be based either in Ireland or the UK.
- Flexible schedule
- Remote work
- Laptop reimbursement
- New starter package to buy hardware essentials (headphones, monitor, etc)
- Learning & Development opportunities
- Competitive PTO and Sick Leave plan
UK & Ireland Employees
- Monthly Health Stipend to use towards any wellness or medical coverage/service
At IOG, we value diversity and always treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Something looks off?