HR Business Partner
You are someone who truly understands and appreciates the intricacies of supporting diverse teams within a fully remote environment. You plan strategic HR initiatives, act as a consultant across all seniority levels and support business leaders. You are an excellent communicator, you love people, can manage high volume while keeping standards and experiences high, and you want to see people succeed. You are data driven and improve performance, retention, employee experience and the happiness and wellbeing of our staff.
- Manage all relationships with respective business units
- Connect business goals to daily work and recommend new approaches, policies and procedures to effect continual improvements in business objectives
- Partner with line management, providing HR guidance when appropriate.
- Analyze trends and metrics in partnership with the HR group to develop solutions, programs and policies
- Manage and resolve complex employee relations issues. Conducts effective, thorough and objective investigations
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance. Partner with the legal department as needed/required
- Provide day-to-day performance management guidance to line management (e.g., coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions)
- Understand the entire talent system and each stage of the employee lifecycle and apply that understanding to craft integrated solutions that are thoughtful and reinforced by upstream and downstream talent programs
- Partner with the wider HR team to help implement strategic initiatives within all business units
- Work closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention.
- Manage all internal mobility programmes - including promotions and transfers with the L+D team
- Provide guidance and input on business unit restructures, workforce planning and succession planning
- Identify training needs for business units and individual executive coaching needs along with L+D
- Participate in evaluation and monitoring of training programs to ensure success.
- You act as the conjugate between our People Team COE’s - providing insights which impact strategy development, and owning the rollout, measurement and ultimate success of our HR initiatives for your dedicated business groups. From successful onboarding, to maintaining and developing strategic resource planning, executing on the wider People strategy, and ultimately being responsible for the wellness and progressive improvements of your business units.
- Leverage deep knowledge of “HR practices” in order to guide the business in connecting business challenges and opportunities to the right people solutions
- Provide thought partnership in all aspects of our employee experience from talent management to organizational effectiveness, workforce planning, and employee engagement.
- Review and analyze business unit data to identify trends and recommend solutions to improve performance, retention, and employee experience.
- Build alignment around a unified process. That involves huge cross departmental information gathering and sharing, and adapting to unique team and people needs.
- Act as a change agent. Successfully communicate and influence change throughout the organization cross-functionally
- Continuously think about talent, and work regularly with leaders to ensure seamless transitions and succession planning
- Being empathetic and process driven, you connect with each line manager and team leader all the way up to executive level within your departments and build strong trusting relationships, supporting them with their daily needs while also having a system which creates a repeatable / replicable process to manage our high growth phase
- Maintain and develop our HR processes. This requires strategic thinking and planning. You also care about the little details - each employee should have an amazing experience, which you are responsible in full for.
- You strive to implement new processes to reflect our “high growth, emerging technology” infrastructure
- Expertise in HR practices and compliance for our global team.
- Coach and Mentor experience at all levels, on your areas of expertise and on challenging and complex employee relations issues
- A strong understanding of our business including our growth, market differentiation, technology, and innovation priorities and how talent can adapt and support in order to achieve them.
- Curious by nature, you like to understand how the business is designed and works and you are technically confident in speaking to our products and projects
- Experience in story telling through data and insights. You are an excellent information gatherer.
- Experience of bringing teams / different viewpoints together.
- Experience of managing conflict and finding solutions (which can scale) to problems.
- Empathetic but also process driven
- Experience in high level planning, as well as detailed tasks
- Progressive in your understanding of emerging People concepts and technologies
Education / Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in HR or relevant study
- 5+ years human resource business partner experience
- Proficiency with HRIS System
- Human Resources experience supporting 100+ or more associates within your remit
- Good knowledge of labor legislation
- Good knowledge of local and global benefit packages
- Familiarity with employment paperwork, including terms of agreement, fixed-term contracts and confidentiality act
- Understanding of payroll procedures
IOG is a distributed organization but due to team distribution, we require someone to be based in the US, ideally on the East Coast.
The base salary for this position has a range of $75,000 up to $90,000 per year at the commencement of employment. Any offer is determined by overall experience and performance during the interview process. This is only part of the total compensation package.
- Flexible schedule
- Laptop reimbursement
- New starter package to buy hardware essentials (headphones, monitor, etc)
- Learning & Development Opportunities
- Competitive PTO and Sick Leave plan
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits coverage through Anthem for the employee and dependents
- Health Savings Account
- Life Insurance
At IOG, we value diversity and always treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Something looks off?