Head of Product - Lace
As Head of Product for light wallets at IOG, you oversee a product line from end to end, from inception and ideation through to implementation and release and manage a team of skilled Product Managers to carry out the vision. You will report into the Director of Product Management with regular milestone updates and progress on strategic objectives. You will be tasked to develop a strategy around IO’s wallet products and oversee the development, refinement and execution against the roadmap.
Global Product Line Strategy & Management
- Collaborate with CPO and Director of Product Management to drive strategy, global product vision and goals.
- Manage product lifecycle from strategic planning to tactical activities. Oversee all product roadmaps for company products based on market research and collaboration with internal and external groups and stakeholders
- Execute roadmap strategies and bringing valuable, highly differentiated and elegantly designed capabilities to market
- Working with customers and partners to ensure that their needs are addressed in the roadmap and that they are kept apprised of new releases and updates
- Conducting market research, surveys and customer/prospect visits to understand and specify requirements for target markets
- Working with prospects to define new products and quantify opportunity size
Marketing, product marketing, PR and business intelligence
- Working with marketing, design and communications to understand industry and community needs in order to develop a product roadmap. Ensure successful launch and positioning of our offerings
- Analyze competitive offering in our market
- Collaborating with marketing and communications teams to explain how changes will impact the user community and support development of collateral and communications to the wider market
- Developing a detailed understanding of new developments / trends in product landscape to drive product excellence.
- Attending and presenting at relevant conferences as required.
Cross-discipline collaboration (Business development, Product management PMO, operations & sales collaboration)
- Managing the collection, description, analysis and prioritization of requests for new product functionality from customers, prospects, partners, sales, and market-driven forces
- Working with business development on evaluating inclusion into roadmap and PMO on delivery, planning and scheduling
- Working with operations to gain awareness of potential defects and prioritizing their resolution in the product release plan and roadmap
- Working with Product Managers, Program Management & Engineering to ensure that features are delivered in the right sequence and meet business expectations in terms of quality, function and schedule.
- Helping product managers in defining priorities for product development
- Working with engineering and design teams to deliver a captivating, reliable, and easy to use experience with excellent UI.
- Working with Business Analysts on defining and detailing out requirements from a functional and non functional perspective.
- Working with other Product Managers on product roadmap integration points
- Providing support to partners on product selection, presentations and pricing strategy.
Technical Product management contributions
- Providing technical guidance in evaluating applications systems or evaluating requests for proposals.
- Work in an Agile Product Development process creating well thought-out and consumable user stories
As Leaders it is our responsibility to motivate, develop and progress our fellow team members. As a Leader there is a need to communicate openly with all members of your team, address any issues head on and not shy away from difficult conversations.
Empowering your team to provide the best results by organizing clear processes and coordinating team efforts should be your top priority.
Please read our Leadership at IO Global document for more information on your duties and responsibilities as a leader at IOG
- Have strong leadership skills, be resourceful and use initiative
- Demonstrate competency with requirements elicitation, analysis, specification, verification, and management practices and the ability to apply them in practice.
- Develop productive relationships with a variety of levels and roles and manage user expectations effectively.
- Leverage strong interpersonal skills to drive innovation in product development with a team of world-class engineers and Scientists.
- Have exemplary people and communications skills coupled with the savvy and maturity needed to garner the respect of senior management and clients.
- Have a keen interest in Blockchain and Cryptocurrency technology developments and trends in product landscape.
- Engage, champion and contribute to Open Source Software communities.
- Keep up to date with status of competitors from a technical and business perspective.
- Set clear strategic guidelines and objectives for the Product Managers under his responsibilities
- Identify team objectives and KPIs to attain, ensure completion of objectives
- Be a single point of contact for coordination and decision making and coordinate Product Managers activities and priorities
Education / Experience
- Experience working in Web3 space (wallets, exchanges, DAPPs, etc.)
- Experience working in Finance (stock exchange, derivatives, lending platforms, saving products, etc.)
- A background in distributed computing and experience with blockchain technologies.
- A BS/MS in Computer Science (or equivalent)
- Product Management certification is a plus (CPM, AIPMM)
- Experience as a Product Manager or in a Product Leadership role
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills with a passion for big data
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- At least 10 years’ experience of product management in software companies
- Experience of launching platform-based products
- Experience of launching global services
- Experience working with software development and marketing teams, preferably in crypto or Web3.
- Experience implementing processes to define metrics and measure the success of products that are launched.
- Experience leading highly technical engineering, design and business teams.
- Proven ability in developing productive relationships with a variety of levels and roles and managing user expectations effectively.
IOG is a fully distributed organization but due to team distribution, we require someone to be based either in Ireland or the UK.
- Flexible schedule
- Remote work
- Laptop reimbursement
- New starter package to buy hardware essentials (headphones, monitor, etc)
- Learning & Development opportunities
- Competitive PTO and Sick Leave plan
UK & Ireland Employees
- Monthly Health Stipend to use towards any wellness or medical coverage/service
At IOG, we value diversity and always treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Something looks off?