Social Media Marketing Lead - Midnight
We are seeking a dynamic and experienced Social Media Manager to join the Midnight team at IOG. Apply if you want to work at the centre of a cutting-edge Web3 project, and want to be part of a high-calibre team that is both creative and professional. The Social Media Manager will play a crucial role in establishing our digital marketing organisation, galvanising the Midnight community, and helping us to bring our first-of-a-kind data protection Blockchain to a global audience.
You will collaborate with cross-functional teams within the Midnight organisation, including product, engineering, marketing, developer relations and legal, as well as with teams in Input Output Group (IOG) to ensure we create and launch social content that allows our solutions to be effectively positioned, communicated, and differentiated in the eyes of prospective users, developers and partners.
You will work across the entire lifecycle of marketing activities, from strategic planning to content development to campaign execution and post-launch retrospectives. You will be the driving force for ideating and innovating social media activities and will take ownership of our key channels of Twitter, LinkedIn and Discord (and others in future).
- Increase visibility, recognition and reach among the target audience on LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube and Discord. This includes promoting the company's products, services, people, and unique value proposition.
- Foster meaningful interactions and engagement with the target audience across our social media platforms.
- Work with the wider Midnight team to develop compelling and relevant content that resonates with our target audience.
- Build and nurture a community of followers, users, and advocates across our social channels.
- Generate leads and drive traffic to relevant Midnight pages and content through social media activities.
- Monitor and analyse the performance of social media campaigns and initiatives and identify opportunities for innovation and improvement.
- Identify and explore collaboration opportunities with thought leaders, industry experts, and businesses that share Midnight’s vision and mission.
Research & Analysis
- Stay up-to-date with industry trends and developments related to Web3, blockchain, zero knowledge and data protection technology.
- Conduct analysis to see how Midnight’s competitors use social media, and identify opportunities for differentiation.
- Monitor and analyse key performance indicators (KPIs) to evaluate the effectiveness of social media activity and make recommendations for what we can improve in future.
- Stay up to date with the latest social media best practices, trends, and technologies.
Campaign Design & Content Creation
- Work with colleagues to create compelling and relevant social content, including original posts, graphics, videos, and other media formats.
- Develop strategies to encourage audience engagement and interactions.
- Curate and share relevant industry news, updates, and insights to keep our team and audience informed and engaged.
Channel Management & Community Engagement
- Manage social media platforms (initially Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube and Discord) and campaigns, including planning, scheduling and optimization.
- Drive brand awareness and recognition for Midnight through consistent messaging, tone, and visuals across all platforms.
- Initiate and participate in conversations, respond to comments and messages, and build relationships with followers, users, and advocates.
- Monitor discussions with the Midnight community and respond to inquiries in a timely and professional manner.
Analysis & Reporting
- Use analytical tools to monitor and evaluate Midnight’s social media presence, engagement rate, SEO, and traffic performance.
- Report to the Marketing Team and Midnight Leadership on campaign performance on a regular basis, and make recommendations for where we can improve or invest further in supporting our growing community.
Collaborations and Partnerships
- Identify people and organisations where collaboration or a formal partnership could increase reach or benefit the Midnight community.
- Recommend potential platforms or events which present a strong opportunity to engage existing and prospective Midnight audiences.
- Work with the Midnight Advisory Board (respected thought leaders and practitioners in the areas of Blockchain, cryptography and data protection) to ideate on unique and compelling content.
As Leaders, it is our responsibility to motivate, develop and progress our fellow team members. There is a need to communicate openly with all members of your team, address any issues head on and not shy away from difficult conversations. Empowering your team to provide the best results by organising clear processes and coordinating team efforts should be your top priority. Please read our Leadership at IO Global for more information on your duties and responsibilities as a leader at IOG
- Demonstrate a successful track record of managing LinkedIn, Twitter, and Discord channels and achieving measurable results.
- Strong understanding of social media platforms, algorithms, best practices, and paid social media strategies..
- Ability to think creatively and develop engaging content that resonates with target audiences, particularly software engineers..
- Ability to moderate discussions, handle customer inquiries, and resolve conflicts in a professional and diplomatic manner.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication. Ability to craft compelling and concise messages tailored to specific platforms and audiences.
- Proficient in social media analytics tools and data interpretation. Ability to track, analyse, optimise and report on key metrics.
- Strong project management skills with the ability to multitask and meet deadlines. Attention to detail is essential.
- Positive attitude, proactive approach, and ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
Education / Experience
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in social media management.
- Experience in the technology industry, software development or Web3.
- Experience in fostering and managing online communities.
- Experience in regulated markets (e.g. financial services, healthcare, government) is a plus.
- Experience working in a remote team environment, collaborating with cross-functional teams.
- Experience defining metrics and measuring the success of campaigns or initiatives that are launched.
IOG is a distributed organization and therefore this is a remote position. Due to team distribution, we are ideally searching for someone in Ireland or the UK.
- Flexible schedule
- Laptop reimbursement
- New starter package to buy hardware essentials (headphones, monitor, etc)
- Learning & Development Opportunities
- Competitive PTO and Sick Leave plan
UK and Ireland Employees
- Monthly Health Stipend to use towards any wellness or medical coverage/service
At IOG, we value diversity and always treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.