General Manager - IO Infrastructure
At IOG, we have always been at the forefront of blockchain development and innovation. Now, we're taking the next big step in our journey by launching a new subsidiary, IO Infrastructure (IOI), a blockchain development company that will focus on the development of Cardano and eventually other protocols.
We are seeking an ambitious, innovative, and forward-thinking General Manager (GM) to steer the future of IOI. The GM will work across all major functions, including engineering, product management, design, marketing, and business development. They will be responsible for taking the Cardano protocol to new levels through constant innovation. The ideal candidate will also be responsible for growing the company through the development of blockchain products and services.
You will benefit from being a part of the IOG network of disruptive leaders where you will receive support and knowledge from your peers.
If you are a visionary leader with a passion for blockchain technology and a drive to shape the future of blockchain technology, we would love to hear from you. Apply today to join us at the helm of IO Infrastructure.
- Ratify the company's mission, vision, and goals, and build strong relationships with stakeholders to promote the success of the company.
- Establish IOI as a leading community contributor to Cardano’s future developments through constant innovation. This includes, but not limited to:
- Maintain and develop Cardano
- Respond to the Cardano community proposals
- Build new products and services for the ecosystem
- Play a key role in designing and implementing strategies to drive company growth. This may involve identifying new revenue streams, exploring partnerships or collaborations, and expanding IOI's client base.
- Responsible for building and managing a high-performing team. They will strategically hire and develop talented professionals who can contribute to a positive and rewarding culture combining IOI's success and employee satisfaction.
- Establish and maintain relationships with key stakeholders including investors, customers, partners and regulators.
- Drive financial performance, ensuring business growth and sustainability:
- Provide accurate measurement of delivery and progress by tracking business outcomes, implementing OKRs and facilitating product roadmaps & backlogs.
- Embed data driven decision making & prioritization across the organization.
- Stay informed about market trends and emerging technologies in the blockchain industry.
- High EQ (emotional intelligence). It takes more than technical skills to keep a team moving in one direction together to reach a targeted goal. We value leaders that lean into both the IQ and EQ aspects of leadership and expect the leader for this division to have these evolved skills out of the box.
- Strong technical background and understanding of software development methodologies, tools, and best practices.
- Result-oriented mindset with a focus on driving innovation, continuous improvement, and operational excellence.
- Excellent leadership and team management skills, with the ability to inspire, motivate, and mentor a diverse team of professionals.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to collaborate and negotiate effectively with internal teams, clients, and external stakeholders.
- Track record of overseeing the development and successful launch of innovative products or services, especially in the technology or blockchain space
- Proven ability to set a compelling vision and direction for the company, balancing innovation with practical execution strategies.
- Demonstrated commitment to talent development, with experience in building, mentoring, and motivating high-performing teams in remote working environment
- Business operations management
- Customer & partner relationship management
- Exceptional ethical standards and integrity
- 10+ years proven experience in a leadership role successfully delivering a portfolio of complex software products within budget and on schedule.
- 7+ years+ budget management and P&L level responsibilities
- 3 years+ in start-up leadership a plus
- Previous experience delivering blockchain platforms to market
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in computer science, engineering, or a related field (or equivalent work experience)
- Previous experience overseeing a business unit or technology company as a Managing Director, General Manager, COO or CEO.
IOG is a distributed organization and therefore this is a remote position. Due to team distribution, we are ideally searching for someone in the United States OR Ireland / UK.
The base salary for this position has a range of $230k up to $340k per year at the commencement of employment. Any offer is determined by overall experience and performance during the interview process. This is only part of the total compensation package.
- Flexible schedule
- Laptop reimbursement
- New starter package to buy hardware essentials (headphones, monitor, etc)
- Learning & Development Opportunities
- Competitive PTO and Sick Leave plan
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits coverage through Anthem for the employee and dependents
- Health Savings Account
- Life Insurance
UK & Irish Employees
- Monthly Health Stipend to use towards any wellness or medical coverage/service
At IOG, we value diversity and always treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.