Software Engineer (Compiler and Run Time)
We are looking for a talented Software Engineer, Compilers and Run Time, to join our team and help shape the future of Midnight’s products and technology. Midnight is a regulatory-friendly data protection-based blockchain that safeguards sensitive commercial and personal data, protecting fundamental freedoms of association, commerce, and expression for developers, companies, and individuals. Midnight utilizes a novel data protection-first programming model and ZK proofs while operating as a Cardano sidechain.
As a Software Engineer, you will be responsible for designing and implementing programming languages, compilers, and run-time systems. You have the exciting challenge of working with cutting-edge research and technology with a focus on the market's needs. To support you on this challenge, our products have software architects, product managers, project managers, formal methods specialists, and QA test engineers, with whom you will be required to communicate professionally, effectively, and efficiently.
- Collaborate on the design of languages and their run-time systems
- Lead the design, implementation, documentation, and testing of compilers
- Consult on other matters related to the Midnight project
- Work with teams across multiple time zones
- Work independently on software development tasks
- Be proactive and require minimal supervision or mentoring to complete tasks
- Review specifications produced by architects and formal methods specialists
- Contribute to the design of algorithms
- Write clean, straightforward, efficient code that satisfies previously agreed acceptance criteria and specifications
- Thoroughly document and test the code you write or modify
- Troubleshoot, debug and update existing software
- Write technical user manuals
- Understanding of and experience with the design and implementation of programming languages, compilers, and run-time systems
- Experience writing compilers in Scheme is desirable
Education / Experience
- PhD in Computer Science specializing in programming language design and implementation. MSc considered with extensive experience in the area.
IOG is a fully distributed organization but due to team distribution, we require someone to be based in the United States, preferably on the East Coast.
The base salary for this position has a range of $170k up to $230k per year at the commencement of employment. Any offer is determined by overall experience and performance during the interview process. This is only part of the total compensation package.
- Flexible schedule
- Remote work – ability to work anywhere
- Laptop reimbursement
- New starter package to buy hardware essentials (headphones, monitor, etc)
- Learning & Development opportunities
- Competitive PTO and Sick Leave plan
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits coverage through Anthem for the employee and dependents
- Health Savings Account
- Life Insurance
At IOG, we value diversity and always treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.