Senior Product Designer - Midnight
We are looking for an experienced User Experience (UX) and Service Designer (SD) who will be a key contributor on the Midnight team developing leading edge technology in one of the most exciting fields in the world. Midnight is a regulatory-friendly data protection-based blockchain that safeguards sensitive commercial and personal data. Midnight protects fundamental freedoms of association, commerce, and expression for developers, companies, and individuals. Midnight use cases utilize a novel data protection-first programming model and Zero Knowledge proofs while operating as a Cardano sidechain.
As a Senior Product Designer you will act as a critical advocate for customers and users, both in understanding their perspectives and pain points, and in helping to articulate what these requirements mean in the context of Midnight. In an agile environment, you will work closely with Product Owners, Products Managers and the Developer Relations team, and you’ll bring your experience in shaping services and understanding technology user behavior to shape how Midnight will address those requirements, creating a compelling and strategically differentiating user experience that will foster adoption. This role reports into the Head of Product.
- Collaborate with product managers, product owners, software architects and engineers, and other stakeholders to understand the requirements, user needs, and business goals.
- Apply a product and service design framework and work closely with the product team on its elicitation and implementation
- Conduct user research, usability testing, and gather feedback to inform the design process and make data-driven decisions.
- Stay updated with the latest trends, best practices, and emerging technologies in UX, service design and blockchain to continually enhance the user experience of our products and services.
- Create wireframes, mockups, and interactive prototypes to visualize and communicate design concepts effectively.
- Develop user flows and information architecture to ensure seamless navigation and interaction with blockchain applications.
- Design and iterate on user journeys that align with our business models and tokenomics while adhering to the principles of user-centered design.
- Work closely with the architecture and engineering teams to ensure the successful implementation of designs, providing guidance and support throughout the development process.
- Develop comprehensive and user-friendly documentation for our blockchain products and services.
- Advocate for accessibility and inclusivity in design, ensuring our blockchain solutions are accessible to users with diverse needs.
- Contribute to a positive and collaborative team culture, sharing knowledge and insights to support the growth of Midnight.
- Work to improve collaboration between the product design team and other teams.
- Demonstrated expertise in applying user-centered design principles and methodologies to create intuitive and seamless user experiences and services.
- Proficiency in conducting user research, usability testing, and gathering user feedback to inform design decisions and enhance the usability of blockchain solutions.
- Strong understanding of information architecture and service design, enabling the creation of logical and structured user flows.
- Proficient in creating wireframes and interactive prototypes using design tools like Sketch, Figma, or Adobe XD to visualize and communicate design concepts effectively.
- Excellent teamwork and communication skills, collaborating effectively with cross-functional teams, including product owners, developers, delivery and marketing, to achieve shared objectives.
- Maintains a solid understanding of market trends and user needs.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, adept at translating complex technical concepts into user-friendly designs and finding creative solutions to UX challenges.
- Willingness to adapt to a fast-paced, dynamic environment and embrace new technologies and design trends to continually enhance our UX design practices.
- You possess outstanding analytical skills and are comfortable dealing with complex problems.
- Proven experience in working within an agile environment, collaborating with cross-functional teams using Agile methodologies such as Scrum or Kanban.
Education / Experience
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree in UX design, service design, or a related field.
- At least 7 years’ of proven experience as a UX and/or service designer, preferably in blockchain or SaaS domains.
- Strong portfolio showcasing successful UX and/or service design projects with complex user journeys.
- Experience working with a multitude of players and partners (consulting company, integrators, users, governments, etc.).
- Solid understanding of user-centered design principles and best practices, with a keen eye for detail and consistency.
- Proficiency in design tools such as Sketch, Figma, Adobe XD, or similar.
- In-depth understanding of user research methods and analysis.
- Commercial awareness partnered with a strategic mindset.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal abilities.
IOG is a fully distributed organization but due to team distribution, we require someone to be based either in Ireland or the UK.
- Flexible schedule
- Remote work
- Laptop reimbursement
- New starter package to buy hardware essentials (headphones, monitor, etc)
- Learning & Development opportunities
- Competitive PTO and Sick Leave plan
UK & Ireland Employees
- Monthly Health Stipend to use towards any wellness or medical coverage/service
At IOG, we value diversity and always treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.