As the Flow Office Resourcing Manager at IO Global you will be responsible for managing the future capacity versus demand view of the organization, used to inform prioritization decisions and/or acquisition of internal or external resources, while maintaining a view of current resource allocation to identify areas of over and under utilization. You will provide visibility of resource usage across the portfolio and identify ‘single points of failure’ within the organization and identify key over utilized resources.
As a Flow Office Resource Manager at IO Global, you will report to the Head of Flow office, you will be a servant leader responsible supporting IOG resource balancing
- Manage the resource planning process in Jira
- Manage the tribe assembly/dissolvement process, working closely with the tribe leadership and senior management to ensure we have the right tribes for products at IOG
- Manage the end to end process of the flow of resource between chapters and tribes
- Drive adoption of the resource and capacity management capabilities
- Identify any resource constraints or critical areas of over and under utilization
- Provide a summary of resource usage across the portfolio, escalating any constraints to the Head of the flow office.
- Support the business planning cycle
- Support the tribe leadership and chapter owners with capacity planning, including budgeting
- Support tribe leadership with creating job descriptions, aligned to IOG standards
- Support chapter owners to assign the right resources to the right tribes and squads
- Support shared service managers to ensure their teams are appropriately sized to support the business
- Manage the Flow Office recruitment process, ensuring appropriate approvals are in place regarding the need for the resource and the budget availability, prior to the IOG recruitment team posting vacancies
- Employ a continuous improvement approach to ensure that all resourcing processes continue to be fit for purpose for IOG
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to assimilate and apply new information quickly
- Ability to work independently on broad assignments or under general directions as to scope or objectives.
- Comfortable with figures and in collecting, analyzing, and interpreting data
- Strong collaboration approach
- Excellent verbal and written communications to teams and stakeholders at all levels of organization
Education / Experience
- 3-5 years PMO/Project Management experience
- Experience of JIRA and/or Confluence is desirable
- Scrum, LPM or agile qualifications
- Experience in technology, engineering or business
- Previous experience of resource management
IOG is a fully distributed organization but due to team distribution, we require someone to be based in the United States, preferably on the East Coast or Central.
The base salary for this position has a range of $110k up to $140k per year at the commencement of employment. Any offer is determined by overall experience and performance during the interview process. This is only part of the total compensation package.
- Flexible schedule
- Remote work – ability to work anywhere
- Laptop reimbursement
- New starter package to buy hardware essentials (headphones, monitor, etc)
- Learning & Development opportunities
- Competitive PTO and Sick Leave plan
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits coverage through Anthem for the employee and dependents
- Health Savings Account
- Life Insurance
At IOG, we value diversity and always treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.