Global Payroll Specialist
As a Global Payroll Specialist at IOHK, you are responsible for all payroll related responsibilities in many countries. This includes processing payroll, managing pension/401K, payroll taxes, special payroll deductions, reconciliations, preposition of payroll journal entries and manages all payroll related 3rd party relationships including various tax agencies.
Currently we have semi-monthly US payroll in 20+ states and monthly payroll in the UK, Ireland and the Netherlands. In 2023, payroll will expand to include Germany, Poland and Canada. The payroll position is part of the Finance team and will work closely with HR, Legal, and various other stakeholders.Duties
- Manage and process payroll.
- Coordinate with HR on payroll preparation.
- Coordinate with the Treasury on payroll funding.
- Reconcile Payroll, bank payment and 3rd party vendor system (i.e. 401K, HSA…etc).
- Prepare payroll journal for GL team.
- Manage all payroll vendor relationships and payroll tax agency.
- Support and manage new payroll initiatives (i.e. setup payroll in new countries or new pension plans in existing payroll)
- Assist the Reconciliation manager with other day-to-day tasks.
- Self-motivated and self-directed.
- Accurate and precise attention to detail.
- Excellent organizational skill.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Ability to multitask.
- Ability to prioritize.
- A real team player.
Education / Experience
- Excellent Worksheet (Excel / Google sheet) skills.
- Good knowledge of payroll and some accounting background.
- Familiar with the use of accounting software & ERPs (preferably NetSuite).
- Good numerical skills and the ability to spot discrepancies and errors.
- Ability to work effectively without supervision and under stress.
- Ability to handle sensitive, confidential information.
- B.Sc./B.A. in Accounting, Finance or relevant field.
IOG is a fully distributed organization but due to team distribution, we require someone to be based in the United States, preferably on the East Coast or Central.
The base salary for this position has a range of $83k up to $115k per year at the commencement of employment. Any offer is determined by overall experience and performance during the interview process. This is only part of the total compensation package.
- Flexible schedule
- Remote work
- Laptop reimbursement
- New starter package to buy hardware essentials (headphones, monitor, etc)
- Learning & Development opportunities
- Competitive PTO and Sick Leave plan
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits coverage through Anthem for the employee and dependents
- Health Savings Account
- Life Insurance
At IOG, we value diversity and always treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.