Media Relations Specialist
We are seeking a highly experienced and motivated Media Relations Specialist with a background in blockchain or the financial industries to join our team. As the Media Relations Specialist, you will play a crucial role in leading and growing our in-house media relations efforts while developing and executing innovative PR strategies. This role requires a creative and results-driven individual with a proven track record in successful media campaigns and coverage
- Taking responsibility for the growth of IOG Media Relations while developing and implementing effective and creative strategic PR plans that leverage cutting-edge methods and innovative channels.
- Oversee and build out the Media Confluence strategy for Chapters of IOG, incorporating best operational practices into our methods bank, FAQs, Message House, editorial and content calendars.
- Take ownership of the editorial/content calendar, coordinating with tribes to leverage engagement opportunities for product managers, engineering teams, comms, product marketing, and other stakeholders to ensure comprehensive coverage of launches and releases.
- Build a more relevant audience segmentation, developing effective messaging, campaigns, and cross-promotion of various community activities and opportunities (like newsletters, events, meetups, governance, webinars, reports, etc.) to serve the community better and enhance the relevance and quality of our communications.
- Identify trends and opportunities to build and maintain engagement. Collaborate with C&E Leadership based on feedback gathered and data available, putting in place strong analytical processes to drive our operational media awareness.
- Identify and lead collaborative media partnership opportunities and work with other communities to build mutual understanding and value, reinforcing our commitment to fostering strong, mutually beneficial relationships.
- Leveraging contacts across print, online and broadcast media to secure high-quality interviews and press coverage while coordinating interviews and press releases to effectively promote our clients and their products/services.
- Driving coverage volume through strategic media engagement while implementing all PR initiatives for select accounts, including technical and creative writing, pitching, and follow-up.
- An understanding of media trends in the blockchain sector
- Adaptable and open - unafraid to take on new challenges
- Curiosity & learning mindset
- Drive, self-reliance
- Delivery focused - turn abstract concepts into measurable results
- Persuasive - skilled in lobbying and driving consensus
- A strategic thinker, with a deep understanding of how measurable comms activity contributes towards business goals
- Experience of media strategy development and execution, skilled in tracking and managing execution to maximize user engagement
- Sound judgment, able to anticipate potential challenges and adapt accordingly
- A team player, skilled in collaborating with internal stakeholders to achieve shared goals
- Pragmatic with a can-do mentality and a growth mindset; adept at finding creative solutions to thorny community challenges
- Well-organized and effective time manager, methodical in approach
Education / Experience
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, communications, journalism, or related fields
- 5+ years of prior PR and communications experience in the financial or financial technology industries
- Strong distributed team experience collaborating across verticals to produce exceptional results
- Proven work experience and success in a senior public relations role, with a mix of agency and in-house experience being ideal
- Extensive experience creating and executing highly successful PR campaigns, resulting in significant media coverage
- Deep network of global media contacts across the business, financial and blockchain industries
- Familiarity with investment and financial communications
- Fluent in English; proficiency in other languages is a strong advantage
- Possess an entrepreneurial attitude and a genuine passion for the crypto space
- Exhibit a flexible and agile working style to adapt to PR trends and strategies
IOG is a fully distributed organization but due to team distribution, we require someone to be based in the United States, preferably on the East Coast or Central.
The base salary for this position has a range of $83 up to $115k per year at the commencement of employment. Any offer is determined by overall experience and performance during the interview process. This is only part of the total compensation package.
- Flexible schedule
- Remote work
- Laptop reimbursement
- New starter package to buy hardware essentials (headphones, monitor, etc)
- Learning & Development opportunities
- Competitive PTO and Sick Leave plan
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits coverage through Anthem for the employee and dependents
- Health Savings Account
- Life Insurance
At IOG, we value diversity and always treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.