Site Reliability Engineer - Midnight
Are you ready to join the Midnight team, where cutting-edge technology meets the future of data protection? We are looking for a talented Site Reliability Engineer to be a crucial part of our team. Midnight, our regulatory-friendly data protection-based blockchain, is at the forefront of one of the most exciting fields in the world. Join us in safeguarding sensitive commercial and personal data, protecting fundamental freedoms, and driving innovation for developers, companies, and individuals.
As a Site Reliability Engineer at Midnight, you will:
- Plan and implement large-scale, massively distributed, fault-tolerant system deployments.
- Maintain and upgrade highly available, highly responsive services to support Midnight's community.
- Collaborate closely with internal domain experts to ensure system reliability, uptime, and continuous improvement.
- Monitor and optimize system capacity and performance.
Your Duties Will Include:
- Engaging in and improving the entire service lifecycle, from inception to refinement.
- Supporting services before they go live through activities like system design consulting and capacity planning.
- Continuously measuring and monitoring system health and performance.
- Assisting in the creation of configurable and deployable software.
- Collaborating with software engineering and testing teams to establish automated regression suite infrastructure and performance testing.
- Scaling systems sustainably through automation and advocating for reliability and velocity improvements.
- Practicing sustainable incident response and blameless postmortems.
- System engineering experience with application servers, containers, and web servers.
- Strong understanding of cloud architecture and major cloud providers (AWS, GCP, etc).
- Experience with Docker containers and related orchestration technologies (e.g., Kubernetes or ECS).
- Knowledge of SRE principles (observability, SLOs, SLIs, logging, etc).
- Understanding of networking and security considerations in deployment architecture.
- Fluency in git-based workflows and commit discipline.
Education / Experience:
- At least 5 years in a Reliability Engineering, DevOps, or infrastructure-focused role.
- Proven experience in Build and Release engineering, Linux operational excellence and automation.
- Systematic problem-solving approach with effective communication skills and a strong work ethic.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a team.
- Kind, respectful, and open-minded in academic and technical discussions.
If you're passionate about reliability, scalability, and making a difference in the world of data protection and blockchain technology, we want to hear from you. Join Midnight and help us shape the future of data security.
Apply now to become part of a dynamic team driving innovation in one of the most exciting industries. Midnight is an equal opportunity employer, and we encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply.
IOG is a fully distributed organization but due to team distribution, we require someone to be based either in Ireland the UK or Poland.
- Flexible schedule
- Remote work
- Laptop reimbursement
- New starter package to buy hardware essentials (headphones, monitor, etc)
- Learning & Development opportunities
- Competitive PTO and Sick Leave plan
UK & Ireland Employees
- Monthly Health Stipend to use towards any wellness or medical coverage/service
At IOG, we value diversity and always treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.