Security Operations Center Operator
The successful candidate will be responsible for the safety and security of personnel, assets, facilities and information. The SOC Operator is a critical contributor to our physical security operations team in the event of a crisis situation that would threaten safe and secure business operations. This could include, but is not limited to natural disasters, workplace violence, facility emergencies, fire, issues of serious injury or illness and other threats that pose a risk to safety and security of personnel, facilities and business operations. SOC Operators perform many tasks throughout their shifts which includes: answering phone calls, monitoring electronic access control systems, intrusion detection systems, video surveillance (CCTV) systems, fire alarm systems, emergency phone line and other systems critical to the facility operation. This is a full-time position primarily, with the ability to backfill open shifts on based on the needs of the clientele. The Security Operations Center is a core security function and operates 24/7, 365 days a year. The optimal candidate must understand that scheduling flexibility is key and must be able to work as requested. Candidates must be Colorado Residents, with a valid concealed carry permit. Candidates must reside within a 30 minute drive from our Colorado Headquarters based in Longmont, Colorado.
- Monitors, tests and responds to intrusion and other alarm systems at multiple locations.
- Uses closed circuit TV (CCTV) video surveillance systems to confirm status of security systems and confirm authorization of individuals requesting access to any secure area.
- Assists shift supervisors in the deployment of security personnel and security personnel activities.
- Communicates effectively with staff, guests, and employees via radio, telephone, email and in-person.
- Monitors and operates computer systems effectively.
- Documents and investigates security events and incidents.
- Dispatches security staff as appropriate and issues equipment.
- Build, improve and maintain effective communication and relationships with co-workers, staff, subcontractors, vendors and guests.
- Remain flexible to an ever changing environment, and adapt well to different situations.
- Report safety concerns, security breaches and unusual activity both verbally and in writing.
- Handle security issues or emergency situations appropriately, and contact local emergency responders; police, fire dept., EMT’s.
- Fully participate in training and certification programs to enhance your ability and advance your career.
- Be thoroughly familiar with our security operations manuals, post orders, policies, procedures and instructions.
- Have experience and effectively use Microsoft products such as Word, Excel and Power Point.
- Supports corporate operations, and the security movement teams
- The SOC Operator is responsible for effective and efficient processing of all information relevant to the security operation which includes, but is not limited to: effective distribution of phone calls, executing and receiving notifications, effective distribution and action of all information received electronically via email, intranet, service requests, shift activity logs and incident reports.
- Have the ability to multi-task and work effectively under pressure or stressful situations in a calm and professional manner.
- Minimum of a high school diploma. Associates or Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- This position requires a company sponsored background check.
- Outstanding interpersonal and communications skills are required.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in a security operations and a proven track record in a security operations center environment; or 5 years of prior security, military or law enforcement background
- Possess appropriate user level computer skills and demonstrate the ability to effectively operate and manage security tools and processes. Systems include but are not limited to access control, intrusion alarm systems, CCTV, and communications equipment. Previous experience with Access Control and Intrusion Detection Systems is preferred.
- Possess strong communication skills in both the written and verbal format, in all delivery formats (i.e. in person, via radio, via telephone etc.)
- Ability to work in a team oriented environment and the ability to work independently.
- Neat and professional appearance.
- Friendly and professional demeanor.
- Ability to provide quality customer service in both a corporate, and family type of environment
- Must have reliable transportation, valid driver’s license, and insurance.
- Applicants selected for this position will be subject to a background investigation in and must meet eligibility requirements .
- Previous military, emergency responder, armed private security, or police background
- All current or former members of the military must provide a copy of their DD 214, and or NGB 22-R/discharge paperwork. Applicants will only be considered if they have an honorable discharge annotated on their discharge documents.
- Persons who are hired for the SOC must meet a minimum physical fitness standard, which will include; the ability to run short distances, ability to drag an unconscious adult person from a vehicle or building, perform CPR, and the ability to lift a minimum of 50 lbs.
- Field specific or related education
- Armed security license, concealed carry permit, HR218 qualification
- Previous experience in an executive protection environment, corporate security, or estate security position
- CPR/AED/First Aid certifications
IOG is a fully distributed organization, however given the nature of this role, you will need be located in Longmont, Colorado.
The base salary for this position has a range of $66k up to $80k per year at the commencement of employment. Any offer is determined by overall experience and performance during the interview process. This is only part of the total compensation package.
- Flexible schedule
- Remote work – ability to work anywhere
- Laptop reimbursement
- New starter package to buy hardware essentials (headphones, monitor, etc)
- Learning & Development opportunities
- Competitive PTO and Sick Leave plan
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits coverage through Anthem for the employee and dependents
- Health Savings Account
- Life Insurance
At IOG, we value diversity and always treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.