Marketing & Communications
Europe · Remote
Posted on Tuesday, May 2, 2023
About IOV Labs
IOV Labs is on a mission to provide the next generation of fintech innovators with the decentralised tools and technology to build a new global economy.
IOV Labs develops, promotes, and supports the Rootstock (RSK) Blockchain, a Bitcoin merge-mined smart contract platform - the most secure smart contract platform in the world. IOV Labs also develops the RSK Infrastructure Framework (RIF) to provide our partners with everything they need to build decentralised apps and new Open Finance services on the RSK Blockchain.
Everyday our teams come to work to build a more decentralised world, for a freer and fairer future.
About the Role
We are looking for a Strategy Lead to join IOV Labs during this exciting time of growth. Reporting to the Chief of Staff, you will drive some of the most critical decisions and deliver strategic and operational initiatives.
As a strong Strategy & Operations Lead, you will work across multiple different areas and support the Executive Team in defining their strategies and building robust processes to constantly evaluate their success. This role is an incredible opportunity to impact the products and culture of one of the world’s leading smart contract platforms.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Work with the Executive Team to define the long-term and annual strategy (plus 'quarterback' the end-to-end process including definition of roadmap, OKRs & KPIs)
- Facilitate Executive Team strategic decision-making and be responsible for developing responses in a fast-paced role
- Support the Chief of Staff in the production of planning work, thought leadership, the development of options and recommendations, and tracking of performance
- Act as a source of thought-leadership, expertise, and advice on strategy, in support of the resolution of specific strategic problems that require framing & coordination across functions
- Produce and present high-quality papers and slide decks that convey clear and well-thought-out narratives, including research and analysis, risk assessment, and more
- Perform fundamental industry & competitor research across markets, develop business cases to inform strategic planning and budgeting
- Build strong, trusted relationships with internal and external colleagues at all levels in support of strategic delivery, acting as an ambassador for our strategy
- Provide diverse and thought-provoking perspectives that are based on a deep understanding of our sector, and have the ability to ground these in real insight
What You Bring to the Table
- 6+ years of relevant Strategy & Operations experience (e.g. consultancy, high-growth tech start-up), or equivalent experience
- Bachelor or advanced degree, preferably in Strategy, Business, Economics, or a comparable field
- Structured thinker, with experience developing frameworks to tackle abstract and ambiguous problems
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, turning data into insights with a “hands-on” attitude and a focus on both detail and fast execution
- Superior interpersonal and communication skills with senior stakeholders
- Highly motivated self-starter with an outstanding track record
- Strong interest in and familiarity with cryptocurrency and decentralized technologies
What You’ll Get Back
- Competitive salary and bonus
- 100% remote working (contractor) from anywhere in the world
- Possibility to work at your nearest WeWork space
- Flexible working hours; you’re free to work however you work best
- Paid holidays and personal leave days
- Opportunity to work with state of art technology in a challenging and unique project
- Internationally diverse and dynamic team with a clear vision and strategy
- Training programs to learn everything about the crypto world
- Weekly scientific moments by our Research & Innovation team to learn about technology, challenges, and solutions in the blockchain world
- Language courses: English, Spanish or Chinese
- Employee assistance program offering legal, financial, family, psychological, and wellness counseling for you and your family
IOV Labs Mission, Vision, & Purpose
- Our purpose is to... build a more decentralised world, for a freer and fairer future.
- Our vision is… a safe and equitable global financial system that enables everyone to participate and prosper.
- We’re on a mission to… provide the next generation of fintech innovators with the decentralised tools and technology to build a new global economy.
- Take Responsibility
- Make it Useful
- Stay Open
- Be Fair
Our values reflect the fact that we are a global, distributed team who embrace complex and revolutionary decentralised technologies, guided by a strong social purpose.
IOV Labs embraces diversity and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, Veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
See more open positions at IOVLabs
Something looks off?