Senior Backend Developer
Europe · Remote
Posted on Saturday, August 26, 2023
About IOV Labs
IOV Labs is on a mission to provide the next generation of fintech innovators with the decentralised tools and technology to build a new global economy.
IOV Labs develops, promotes, and supports Rootstock, a Bitcoin merge-mined smart contract platform - the most secure smart contract platform in the world. IOV Labs also develops RIF Apps and services to provide our partners with everything they need to build decentralized apps and new Open Finance services on Rootstock.
Every day our teams come to work to build a more decentralised world, for a freer and fairer future.
About the Role
We are looking for a Senior Backend Developer to join a team with high qualifications and technical excellence for one of the most challenging projects in the Bitcoin and FinTech industry worldwide.
Rootstock is an open-source, decentralized, and peer-to-peer network that brings smart contracts to the Bitcoin ecosystem. It is the first one to provide the possibility of running Ethereum smart contracts in Bitcoin, using Bitcoin as its native cryptocurrency, and leveraging Bitcoin's hashing power. Rootstock is one of the most exciting projects in the crypto and blockchain space!
What You’ll be Doing
- Collaborate with other engineers and teams to implement new features, improvements, and fixes to the Rootstock reference client implementation (RSKj).
- Work with your team to make Rootstock more secure and robust, enabling it to execute a significant volume of transactions with no disruption.
- Improve the user experience of our technologies, making it very easy for users to run their solutions on top of Rootstock.
- Help with design and code reviews. Ensure good engineering practices are being applied.
- Learn about blockchain, crypto, Ethereum, and Bitcoin, working on one of the most exciting open-source projects in the blockchain industry.
What You Bring to the Table
- Have advanced knowledge in the object-oriented programming language JAVA.
- Have experience working on technologically challenging projects.
- Bring the right attitude to the team: ownership, accountability, and attention to detail.
- Have knowledge about Bitcoin or Ethereum (not mandatory).
- Place a high value on security.
- Spanish & English fluency is a huge advantage
What You’ll get Back
- Competitive salary and company bonus
- 100% remote working (External Employee) from anywhere in the world
- Global WeWork membership
- Flexible working hours - you’re free to work however you work best
- paid holidays and personal leave days
- Opportunity to work with state-of-the-art technology in a challenging and unique project
- Internationally diverse and dynamic team with a clear vision and strategy
- Training programs to learn everything about the crypto world
- Weekly scientific moments by our Research & Innovation team to learn about technology, challenges, and solutions in the blockchain world
- Language courses: English & Spanish
- Employee assistance program offering legal, financial, family, psychological, and wellness counseling for you and your family
IOV Labs Mission, Vision, & Purpose
- Our purpose is to... build a more decentralised world, for a freer and fairer future.
- Our vision is… a safe and equitable global financial system that enables everyone to participate and prosper.
- We’re on a mission to… provide the next generation of fintech innovators with the decentralised tools and technology to build a new global economy.
We are excited to see what you're made of!
IOV Labs embraces diversity and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, Veteran status, or any other legally protected status.