Senior Risk Analyst
Janus Henderson Investors
Why work for us?
Janus Henderson is a leading global active asset manager. We exist to help our clients achieve their long-term financial goals. Our team exemplifies our values of putting clients first, acting like owners and succeeding as a team. Our culture is high-energy, collaborative, and forward-thinking with opportunities to grow in an exciting career. We invite you to consider joining our dynamic, global team!
Our culture is the foundation for how we interact with clients and one another as part of our unique, people-focused work environment. We support a flexible hybrid working model that allows teams to build a strong and positive culture by inspiring innovation and increasing collaboration. Currently our hybrid working model allows employees to work 3 or more days in office and the remaining time remotely.
Employees and Managers will discuss and determine what schedule works best for them and the team, with additional flexibility available based on the role, business needs, and individual circumstances. JHI Workplace Practices is subject to change as the future of work within our organization evolves.
- As part of the Financial Risk team, deliver an effective risk oversight programme including market risk, liquidity risk, counterparty credit risk, and ESG oversight
- Produce regular and ad hoc risk reporting and analysis to support the Financial Risk governance committees and fund boards
- Monitor of risk limits and thresholds, and perform risk assessments
- Identify and develop new, and enhance existing Financial Risk processes
- Partner with stakeholders to support, maintain, and enhance the risk management tools used by the Financial Risk team
- Partner with IT to develop and implement enhancements and new functionality to systems that enable the assessment, monitoring, and reporting of risk
- Build and maintain strong relationships between the Financial Risk team and other teams within Janus Henderson
- Carry out other duties as assigned
What to expect when you join our firm
- Hybrid working and reasonable accommodations
- Generous Holiday policies
- Excellent Health and Wellbeing benefits including corporate membership to ClassPass
- Paid volunteer time to step away from your desk and into the community
- Support to grow through professional development courses, tuition/qualification reimbursement and more
- All-inclusive approach to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
- Maternal/paternal leave benefits and family services
- Complimentary subscription to Headspace – the mindfulness app
- All employee events including networking opportunities and social activities
- Lunch allowance for use within our subsidized onsite canteen
Must have skills
- Excellent analytical skills, with a strong understanding of risk measures and methodologies and regulatory practice in risk management, covering market, liquidity, counterparty and ESG risks
- Knowledge and understanding of risk models such as MSCI RiskMetrics
- Ability to work with large data sets, producing metrics and other analytics for reporting and analysis, and the ability to present results
- Ability to communicate complex concepts and methodologies to a wide range of stakeholders, both written and verbal
- Strong organisational skills and attention to detail
- Proactive and self-sufficient attitude, and team-oriented
- Excellent MS Office skills
Nice to have skills
- Professional qualifications
- Coding languages such as Python and SQL
- Strong knowledge and experience with risk management practices across different asset classes, and investment strategies gained from previous investment management industry experience
Potential for growth
- Leadership development programs
- Regular training
- Career development services
- Continuing education courses
You will be expected to understand the regulatory obligations of the firm, and abide by the regulated entity requirements and JHI policies applicable for your role.
Janus Henderson (including its subsidiaries) will not maintain existing or sponsor new industry registrations or licenses where not supported by an employee’s job functions (as determined by Janus Henderson at its sole discretion).
All applicants must be willing to comply with the provisions of Janus Henderson Investment Advisory Code of Ethics related to personal securities activities and other disclosure and certification requirements, including past political contributions and political activities. Applicants’ past political contributions or activity may impact applicants’ eligibility for this position. Janus Henderson is an equal opportunity /Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. All applications are subject to background checks.
Something looks off?