IT Service Desk Specialist
Janus Henderson Investors
Why work for us?
Janus Henderson is a leading global active asset manager. We exist to help our clients achieve their long-term financial goals. Our team exemplifies our values of putting clients first, acting like owners and succeeding as a team. Our culture is high-energy, collaborative, and forward-thinking with opportunities to grow in an exciting career. We invite you to consider joining our dynamic, global team!
Our culture is the foundation for how we interact with clients and one another as part of our unique, people-focused work environment. We support a flexible hybrid working model that allows teams to build a strong and positive culture by inspiring innovation and increasing collaboration. Currently our hybrid working model allows employees to work 3 or more days in office and the remaining time remotely.
Employees and Managers will discuss and determine what schedule works best for them and the team, with additional flexibility available based on the role, business needs, and individual circumstances. JHI Workplace Practices is subject to change as the future of work within our organization evolves.
- Serve as the first point of contact for internal customers seeking technical assistance over the phone and other available methods
- Perform remote troubleshooting through diagnostic techniques and pertinent questions
- Determine the best solution based on the issues and details provided by the end user and walk them through the problem-solving process
- Record troubleshooting steps and resolution notes in detail in ServiceNow
- Manage queues flow, taking incoming tickets, using correct Configuration Items, Category/SubCategory, and Priority
- Provide onsite deskside support for end users for deskside support requirements as needed
- Raise unresolved incidents to the Tier 2 support team as needed and provide detailed notes on troubleshooting steps
- Follow-up and update end users in a timely manner with the status of ongoing tickets and support efforts
- Install and maintain computer hardware and peripherals
- Image and configure computer equipment for internal customers
- Perform hardware replacement of parts as needed under vendor warranty
- Build and review knowledgebase articles to support IT Service Desk team and end users
- Work assigned shift as scheduled covering business hours Monday – Friday. This will include assigned days to work onsite and work from home as well as a rotation support of On-Call responsibilities with all Tier 1 and Tier 2 team members
- Carry out other duties as assigned
What to expect when you join our firm
- Hybrid working and reasonable accommodations
- Generous Holiday policies
- Paid volunteer time to step away from your desk and into the community
- Support to grow through professional development courses, tuition/qualification reimbursement and more
- All-inclusive approach to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
- Maternal/paternal leave benefits and family services
- Complimentary subscription to Headspace – the mindfulness app
- Corporate membership to ClassPass and other health and well-being benefits
- Unique employee events and programs including a 14er challenge
- Complimentary beverages, snacks and all employee Happy Hours
Must have skills
- 1 – 3 years related experience within IT Service Desk role and supporting desktop OS environments including Windows and Apple\Macintosh
- 1 – 3 years’ experience supporting Microsoft Office application suite including Outlook, Word, Excel, etc
- Knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory basics – Users, Computers, and Group Management
- Experience configuring mobile devices e.g. iOS and Android
- Experience working in fast-paced environments
- Ability to identify, diagnose and resolve IT incidents and requests
- Ability to configure and set up Windows and Macintosh desktop and laptops and diagnose software problems
- Solid grasp of supported printers and other hardware peripherals
- Ability to install, configure, perform preventative maintenance, and troubleshoot hardware problems. Solid grasp of driver installation and network printer installation and support
- Basic knowledge of Ethernet network topology, of wireless LAN’s and other networking topologies
Nice to have skills
- Experience working with ServiceNow
- Understanding of Microsoft SCCM
- ITIL certification
Potential for growth
- Leadership development programs
- Regular training
- Career development services
- Continuing education courses
The base salary range for this position is $70,000 - $78,000. This range is estimated for this role. Actual pay may be different.
Annual Bonus Opportunity: Position is eligible to receive an annual discretionary bonus award from the profit pool. The profit pool is funded based on Company profits. Individual bonuses are determined based on Company, department, team and individual performance.
Benefits: Janus Henderson is committed to offering a comprehensive total rewards package to eligible employees that includes; competitive compensation, pension/retirement plans, and various health, wellbeing and lifestyle benefits. To learn more about our offerings please visit the Why Join Us section on the career page here.
Janus Henderson Investors is an equal opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Janus Henderson (including its subsidiaries) will not maintain existing or sponsor new industry registrations or licenses where not supported by an employee’s job functions (as determined by Janus Henderson at its sole discretion).
Something looks off?