CRD Business Analyst
Janus Henderson Investors
Why work for us?
Janus Henderson is a leading global active asset manager. We exist to help our clients achieve their long-term financial goals. Our team exemplifies our values of putting clients first, acting like owners and succeeding as a team. Our culture is high-energy, collaborative, and forward-thinking with opportunities to grow in an exciting career. We invite you to consider joining our dynamic, global team!
Our culture is the foundation for how we interact with clients and one another as part of our unique, people-focused work environment. We support a flexible hybrid working model that allows teams to build a strong and positive culture by inspiring innovation and increasing collaboration. Currently our hybrid working model allows employees to work 3 or more days in office and the remaining time remotely.
Employees and Managers will discuss and determine what schedule works best for them and the team, with additional flexibility available based on the role, business needs, and individual circumstances. JHI Workplace Practices is subject to change as the future of work within our organization evolves.
- Be a business analyst in the Investment, Trading & Compliance Technology team
- Evaluate and capture the needs and wants of our global front office business partners (portfolio managers, traders, compliance analysts and their respective support functions)
- Implement these needs within the technical/systems ecosystem at JHI in a forward-thinking manner that balances near term concerns / tactical solutions with the longer term / strategic direction
- Keep up to date with changes reflected in internal and vendor software. Identify where new functionality could be usefully implemented and offer efficiencies in the Front Office.
- Always work with the big picture in mind. Liaise with wider technology teams to coordinate inter dependencies and resolve issues.
- Work with data teams to ensure investment professionals are presented with accurate security master, trading, execution, commission, position and lot level data.
- Contribute to the maintenance of issue logs, meeting minutes, meeting schedules, project summaries and updates.
- Produce quality test strategies and plans and manage all aspects of system and user acceptance testing.
- You will work closely with Product Owners to ensure any risks or issues are highlighted and mitigation options are worked through and that reporting of progress is clear and concise, ensuring deliverables and timelines are adhered to.
- Carry out other duties as assigned
What to expect when you join our firm
- Hybrid working and reasonable accommodations
- Generous Holiday policies
- Excellent Health and Wellbeing benefits including corporate membership to ClassPass
- Paid volunteer time to step away from your desk and into the community
- Support to grow through professional development courses, tuition/qualification reimbursement and more
- All-inclusive approach to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
- Maternal/paternal leave benefits and family services
- Complimentary subscription to Headspace – the mindfulness app
- All employee events including networking opportunities and social activities
- Lunch allowance for use within our subsidized onsite canteen
Must have skills
- Willingness to learn a variety of systems, including CRD CRIMS 20r+
- Evidence of effectively working with Traders, Portfolio Managers, compliance, and operations, understanding the full lifecycle of trades
- Possess sensitivity to the traders / PM’s time and ensure that this sensitivity is in mind for all interactions
- Ability to analyse high-level requirements and translate these into overall detailed system-level designs
- A working knowledge of or desire to learn financial products used in Asset Management including, Equities, Cash, Fixed Income and complex Swap instruments.
- Good level of SQL
Nice to have skills
- Agile experience is highly favorable
- Experience with Visio
- Knowledge of Jira and confluence
Potential for growth
- Leadership development programs
- Regular training
- Career development services
- Continuing education courses
You will be expected to understand the regulatory obligations of the firm, and abide by the regulated entity requirements and JHI policies applicable for your role.
At Janus Henderson Investors we’re committed to an inclusive and supportive environment. We believe diversity improves results and we welcome applications from all backgrounds. Don’t worry if you don’t think you tick every box, we still want to hear from you! We understand everyone has different commitments and while we can’t accommodate every flexible working request we’re happy to be asked about work flexibility and our hybrid working environment. If you need any reasonable accommodations during our recruitment process, please get in touch and let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org
Janus Henderson (including its subsidiaries) will not maintain existing or sponsor new industry registrations or licenses where not supported by an employee’s job functions (as determined by Janus Henderson at its sole discretion).
All applicants must be willing to comply with the provisions of Janus Henderson Investment Advisory Code of Ethics related to personal securities activities and other disclosure and certification requirements, including past political contributions and political activities. Applicants’ past political contributions or activity may impact applicants’ eligibility for this position. Janus Henderson is an equal opportunity /Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. All applications are subject to background checks.
Something looks off?