Quality Assurance Engineer - Test Automation Specialist
Posted on Tuesday, August 8, 2023
Kaiko is the leading source of cryptocurrency market data, providing businesses with industrial-grade and regulatory-compliant data. Kaiko empowers market participants with global connectivity to real-time and historical data feeds across the world's leading centralized and decentralized cryptocurrency exchanges. Kaiko’s proprietary products are built to empower financial institutions and cryptocurrency businesses with solutions ranging from portfolio valuation to strategy backtesting, performance reporting, charting, analysis, indices, and pre-and post-trade.
What We Do
Kaiko provides financial data products and solutions, across three main business units:
1. Market Data: “CEX” Centralized Exchanges Market Data: we collect, structure and distribute market data from 100+ cryptocurrency trading venues; “DEX” Decentralized Protocols Market Data: we run blockchain infrastructure in order to read, collect, engineer and distribute venue-level market data from DeFI protocols.
2. Analytics: proprietary quantitative models & data solutions to price and assess risk.
3. Indices: suite of mono-assets rates and benchmarks, as well as cross-assets indices.
Kaiko’s products are available worldwide on all networks and infrastructures: public APIs, private & on-premises networks; private & hybrid cloud set-ups; blockchain native (Kaiko oracles solution).
Additionally, Kaiko’s Research publications are read by thousands of industry professionals and cited in the world’s leading media organizations. We provide original insights and in-depth analysis of crypto markets using Kaiko’s data and products.
Who We Are
We’re a team of 80 (and growing) passionate individuals with a deep interest in building data solutions and supporting the growth of the digital finance economy. We’re proud of Kaiko’s talented team and are committed to our international representation and diversity. Our people and their values are the foundation of our continued success.
About The Role
The Quality Assurance Engineer - Test Automation Specialist will report to the CTO. If you're interested in pursuing a career in the world of digital assets, then come and join our team where you’ll be responsible for raising the bar for quality in our Product engineering teams, working closely with engineers, SRE and Product managers to make our requirements testable, and find the best ways to test them:
Missions & Responsibilities
● Act as a subject matter expert in quality assurance and test automation, providing guidance and support to project teams and engineering staff.
● Work primarily with one product squad in our Product Engineering structure.
● Collaborate with cross-functional teams to understand project requirements, identify testing needs, and design effective test strategies.
● Mentor and coach engineers on test automation best practices, tools, and frameworks, with a focus on leveraging the Go language for testing.
● Lead the design, implementation, and maintenance of automated tests using test automation frameworks.
● Work closely with Product team members to drive test-first thinking into requirements
● Help the teams to conduct thorough regression testing to identify and resolve any potential issues or defects before product release.
● Advise and assist in load testing and security testing efforts to ensure optimal system performance and integrity.
● Work closely with developers to identify and resolve defects and continuously improve the testing process.
● Collaborate with stakeholders to provide clear and concise documentation of test plans, test cases, and test results.
● Evaluate and recommend improvements to existing testing methodologies and strategies, incorporating Go-based solutions.
● Keep up-to-date with the latest industry trends and emerging technologies in quality assurance, test automation, and language best practices.
· Extensive experience as a Quality Assurance Engineer or Software Developer in Test, with a strong focus on test automation and coaching/mentoring engineers.
· Proven expertise in using test automation frameworks
· Strong coding skills, with an emphasis on writing clean and efficient code for test automation.
· Familiarity with Agile development methodologies and experience working in Agile teams.
· Coaching and mentoring skills, with a passion for helping engineers grow and succeed.
· Ability to work independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
· Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, with a keen eye for detail.
· Good communication skills, with fluency in English. Knowledge of French is a plus.
Nice to have
● Experience in the financial industry, cryptocurrency, or low-latency trading will be highly valued.
● Knowledge of load testing tools and security testing tools and techniques.
● Experience of developing in the Go programming language
Location: Paris (hybrid)
Type of contract: CDI